Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Three things that made my day

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Squirrel wrote:
    Get on a bike and get knocked down by a truck driving on the path and then say in some ways you're worse for dirtying a car, and I'm not complaining, tbh I couldn't really give a ****, if I wasn't forced to cycle on the road around cars parked on the cycle lane, where there's double yellows on the road right beside them.
    So what are you saying? Because a truck knocked you down you are in some way justified to damage/deface any vehicle that isn't a bike?

Also, if you're forced to drive around parked on the cycle lanes or double yellow lines GET OVER IT!! You are in charge of your bike, the responsibility for your safety is yours alone. There are hazards everywhere. Take the reg and report them, go home and have a lie down, whatever. But stop devolving responsibility for your frankly appalling behaviour onto everyone else. "Yeah I dragged mud down the side of a car, but I couldn't give a **** because it was illegally parked and a truck once hit me".

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

So what are you saying? Because a truck knocked you down you are in some way justified to damage/deface any vehicle that isn't a bike?

Also, if you're forced to drive around parked on the cycle lanes or double yellow lines GET OVER IT!! You are in charge of your bike, the responsibility for your safety is yours alone. There are hazards everywhere. Take the reg and report them, go home and have a lie down, whatever. But stop devolving responsibility for your frankly appalling behaviour onto everyone else. "Yeah I dragged mud down the side of a car, but I couldn't give a **** because it was illegally parked and a truck once hit me".

Unbelievable.

Everyone gets pissed off once in a while, ask any driver, so why can't a cyclist so the same?

I know I was wrong, I admitted that.

And I'll also admit that my previous post came out entirely wrong, I didn't mean to sound so much up my own ass. I can't think of a way to phrase it properly so I'll just leave it.

Tbh I believe this is going to happen day in day out until something is done about it, be that punishing both drivers and cyclists, for what they've been doing, myself included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I hear your point but that wasn't the situation. A driver running a red light and nearly killing other road users is very different to a driver stopped at his red with his foot on the clutch.
    mike65 wrote:
    Okay consider this in your self-rightous anger, when stopped at lights many ppl have a habit of sitting with first engaged and the foot on the clutch pedal
    suppose a gobby cylcists actions caused the foot to slip (its a bit of a shock to have some scum bag spew in your face) and the cars lurches forwards into either the guy in front, or if the first car into the path of crossing pedestrians or car going crossways? Actiosn have conseqences - sometimes for the totally innocent.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

69 mustang wrote:
    Not that I'd do either thing to piss off other road users but if someone did either the mirror thing or the spitting on me I would of caught him.
    Hang on you're minding your on business, you spit out some phlegm on the road and some guy races along, runs a red light and steals it for no good reason .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Like the sig Victor.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

FX Meister wrote:
    I hear your point but that wasn't the situation. A driver running a red light and nearly killing other road users is very different to a driver stopped at his red with his foot on the clutch.

This one just reminded me to point out.If your light goes green your still meant to look before you move as as stopping if safe to do so (red) or proceed if safe to do so (green) are not something I'd balance my life on.
    Rather be right and in one piece, than right and in two.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

I am a cyclist and a driver.

I cycle to work everyday as I don't want to be sitting in hours of traffic. I see stupid things that drivers and cyclists do.
    I have been hit by people in cars that just aren't looking. It doesn't piss me off... Accidents happen and you just have to accept that. Some people don't use good judgement and sometimes drivers just don't see cyclists as they are concentrating on something else or we just come out of a blind spot. I have had pedestrians walk out in front of me while cycling inside traffic.

I have never hit anyone when I have been driving, but there will always be a time when you are driving and you lose a bit of concentration and it only takes a second for something to happen.

There are ignorant people in the world who are easily aggrevated and you can only make them worse by giving them a reason to be ignorant. I see people break red lights everyday, especially in Dublin, and would love to do something to them to teach them a lesson but I know that someday a guard will be sitting on the corner waiting for them :D

Cyclists hate drivers and pedestrians, drivers hate cyclists and pedestrians. But to be honest most of use do a good job of it and it is the few of us that are giving all of the rest a bad name.

Some people like to take things into their own hands which is where road rage comes from...

So as was said take their reg and report them if you feel that stongly about it as you don't know the kind of person you are getting involved with. And doing something to another person only pisses them off even more and then it becomes pay back time :(

It's one big vicious circle really...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

t5pwr wrote:
    I am a cyclist and a driver.

I cycle to work everyday as I don't want to be sitting in hours of traffic. I see stupid things that drivers and cyclists do.
    I have been hit by people in cars that just aren't looking. It doesn't piss me off... Accidents happen and you just have to accept that. Some people don't use good judgement and sometimes drivers just don't see cyclists as they are concentrating on something else or we just come out of a blind spot. I have had pedestrians walk out in front of me while cycling inside traffic.

I have never hit anyone when I have been driving, but there will always be a time when you are driving and you lose a bit of concentration and it only takes a second for something to happen.

There are ignorant people in the world who are easily aggrevated and you can only make them worse by giving them a reason to be ignorant. I see people break red lights everyday, especially in Dublin, and would love to do something to them to teach them a lesson but I know that someday a guard will be sitting on the corner waiting for them :D

Cyclists hate drivers and pedestrians, drivers hate cyclists and pedestrians. But to be honest most of use do a good job of it and it is the few of us that are giving all of the rest a bad name.

Some people like to take things into their own hands which is where road rage comes from...

So as was said take their reg and report them if you feel that stongly about it as you don't know the kind of person you are getting involved with. And doing something to another person only pisses them off even more and then it becomes pay back time :(

It's one big vicious circle really...

That has been the best reply so far, and the roads would be much safer for everyone if people paid attention, and no-one takes things into their own hands(myself included)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I read that and all I could think of were silver BMW / Mercedes drivers. :p
    t5pwr wrote:
    Accidents happen and you just have to accept that.
    But, let us say you are on you bike, left hand side of right-turn lane, inching forward waiting a break in opposing traffic for the turn and a car pulls up beside you. And the car is **under** you leg and arm? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

well said saobh couldn't agree more, Ya gotta learn to chill out, give people space, and remember we all make mistakes.
    I also think the spitting at someone is absolutly horrible, and I am sure would cause upscale violence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I meant to comment on this btw: The spitting is disgusting, and I honestly believe that any adult that finds it acceptable, nay funny, should seriously consider consulting a psychiatrist. It's not normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Ok, I'll go see a psychiatrist if you want to pay for it and we can see what they think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spitting is a miserable and dangerous 'habit', its one reason the 1918/19 Spanish flu killed so many.

And on that educational note thread closed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement