Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave Announcement

• 21-10-2005 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get this:

subject: IBB ANNOUNCEMENT

Important Notice from Irish Broadband - Planned network maintenance on Ripwave has been scheduled between Monday 24th - Friday 28th Oct 2005.
    Dear Customer,
    Irish broadband is upgrading its Ripwave network next week. On Monday 24th Oct between the hours of 9am – 1pm we will be upgrading all of our Ripwave base-stations, this will mean a small outage of approximately 15 mins per base station.
    From Monday evening through to Friday evening 28th Oct we would ask that you please leave your Ripwave modems ‘Turned On’ as this will also allow us to upgrade your modem with the latest version of software.
    Thank you for your cooperation.
    Regard’s
    Irish Broadband Customer Services.

???

they want me to leave my modem on for 5 days so they can update it wirelessly?? wtf?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

womoma wrote:
    Anyone else get this:

???

they want me to leave my modem on for 5 days so they can update it wirelessly?? wtf?

Why would you turn it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bbcus

Important Notice from Irish Broadband - Planned network maintenance on Ripwave has been scheduled between Monday 24th - Friday 28th Oct 2005.

I received this by email today.

Dear Customer,

Irish broadband is upgrading its Ripwave network next week. On Monday 24th Oct between the hours of 9am – 1pm we will be upgrading all of our Ripwave base-stations, this will mean a small outage of approximately 15 mins per base station.

From Monday evening through to Friday evening 28th Oct we would ask that you please leave your Ripwave modems ‘Turned On’ as this will also allow us to upgrade your modem with the latest version of software.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regard’s

Irish Broadband Customer Services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Yeap, got that message myself.
    I wonder what changes this update makes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

Yes, fix the one that your heavily marketing at the moment.
    Must look good for your engineers to come out, put in a box and see a webpage magically appear after 3 minutes.

Maybe, as it was said in a earlier post, that the ripwave system is killing their whole network by arp broadcasts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i updated the diag software and with the ctrl-shft-f10 thing alot more stuff comes up, so maybe thats what the craic is about, updating the modem software to use latest features in the network

i wonder will it even make a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

While were on the subject- Im changing computer soon, will my ripwave modem work normally by just installing it on the new machine or will i have to contact those bastards IBB about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

womoma wrote:
    While were on the subject- Im changing computer soon, will my ripwave modem work normally by just installing it on the new machine or will i have to contact those bastards IBB about it?

if its a ethernet (RJ45) its just a matter of pluging it straight into the network card, but if its the USB version, you will have to reload the drivers for the modem onto your new pc for it to work with the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

ethernet- yay go me. thanks mate. right im off to bed.:eek:

Advertisement