Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPOD Help

• 21-10-2005 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Ok I bought an new 60gig ipod colour and I have the following problem;

I synched it with my home pc but I also transfer music to it from my work pc. I can get music onto it ok but how do I get the music that I put on it in work onto my home computer? It won't let me drag and drop and if I try to update it it will wipe all the music clean and just load all tmy "home" music onto it.

Confused?! I am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

ipod8ln.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

sprinkles wrote:
    Ok I bought an new 60gig ipod colour and I have the following problem;

Perhaps rephrase as:

I have the following problem, I bought an new 60gig ipod......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ipod's will not allow you to transfer music from ipod to pc. it will work fine for pc to ipod

the reason for this is apple are too caught up on copyright. they want to stop you bringing your ipod to a mates house and giving him all your lovely best format aac files.

of course since we have the internet, people have gotten around this stupid feature.

http://www.ephpod.com/

i used it once before when i had an ipod (short lived) and it was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Cremo wrote:
    ipod's will not allow you to transfer music from ipod to pc. it will work fine for pc to ipod

the reason for this is apple are too caught up on copyright. they want to stop you bringing your ipod to a mates house and giving him all your lovely best format aac files.

of course since we have the internet, people have gotten around this stupid feature.

http://www.ephpod.com/

i used it once before when i had an ipod (short lived) and it was pretty good.
    Thats what I was looking for. Thanks a mil (yet again Boards comes to the rescue)

no problem, we are all here to help most times :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cgf wrote:
    Perhaps rephrase as:

I have the following problem, I bought an new 60gig ipod......;)

good god thats unhelpful...but i like it:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

I use Realplayer to manage all my music on ipod mini as i have windows 98 and it WILL move songs from ipod to pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

After my harddrive broke (with all my music inside) I had to transfer the music from my iPod back to my new harddrive. It took me a while but after looking around some hidden folders I found the music files and simply copied them back to my My Music folder. It's perfectly possible but it's a bit fidgety.

the only problem with that (i have experienced anyways) is that the files are all weird names gobbledigook if you will.

you'd need a program to rename from tags (providing the songs are taged) to make any sense of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

good god thats unhelpful...but i like it:cool:
    Touché

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Ive always found PodUtil to be an easier program to use if you're transferring songs from your iPod to PC. But i guess its a case of personal choice.

Advertisement