Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Warriors - anyone played?

• 21-10-2005 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

warri.jpg

Anyone played this yet?

Getting excellent reviews and Yahoo! are hyping it up to be the game of the year.

Looks like a bit of fun mixed with carnage and sheer un-adulterated violence (is there any other kind?)!

Am thinking of renting this and SSX: On Tour out tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

SSX is good, like Tony Hawks on ice, but with a very slick interface.

Might grab the warriors myself, loved the film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. apparently, the SSX On Tour interface is one of a kind.

Will give them both a rent today and post up my opinions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bought it today. too tired to play it now... i'll have a good go tomorrow. if rockstars past games and the film is anything to go by - this is a shoe-in for goty (unless FEAR or something tears it apart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

if rockstars past games and the film is anything to go by - this is a shoe-in for goty

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rented it and SSX out as promised.

Just played a bit of both last night as i've study to do for exams on Monday and Wednesday but impressed with both.

The Warriors story mode is pretty excellent actually. Robbing car stereos and mugging people are done quite uniquely (from what i've seen anyways).. for example, to rob someone - you need to turn the left thumb-stick around til you get a vibration in a particular spot and you've to hold it there. It will then move somewhere else so you've to move it to find the vibration again. Quite nicely done really.

Some very nice movies in it also - especially love the intro scenes with them riding the trains.

The battle mode is a bit repetitive but fun on 2 Player. Just simply brawling with members from each of the gangs.

Just had a very quick game of SSX - seems pretty sweet but nothing spectacular but could never really get into snowboarding games that quickly. Will take me a couple of plays to fully judge it! Some great (and not so great) tunes on the soundtrack also.

Anyways.. i recommend 'The Warriors' - very good fun! Stopped playing on Level 3 where
    you're going to get revenge on the Destroyers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

played it for a bit this morning. very good. doesn't quite match up to manhunt (which it's more akin to then gta) but still quite enjoyable. the story is spot on though.. and the music is pure cheese, i.e. great :D
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    LOL

i know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

love the game :D
    its great craic to play and story is good :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oh... must go out and get me some o' this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Finished the story mode already, still have bonus missions to do but all in all a very good game.

Advertisement