Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Geography Course

Options
  • 21-10-2005 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Anyone doing the new Geography course? I saw the Department sample paper today & IMO i think we're in for a nice paper? What do u all think of the new course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Didn't get a proper look at it yet! It's gonna be handy for us though because the actual Leaving Cert paper we're going to get is meant to be nearly the same as the sample paper! So we have to learn the answers to the sample paper inside out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

yeah and the OL paper is really simalar to the higher paper which is kinda odd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

looks simple, just graph reading really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

It looks great. The short questions look like something straight off the Junior Cert paper! It's vague, it'll be like 'describe 2 surface processes' rather than 'describe two features of river erosion' which cuts down on the studying quite a bit. I reckon it'll just be learning off essays and fitting them in where applicable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

i just doubt it will be that easy when it comes to the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The exam on the first year of a new course is always nearly identical to the sample paper given out

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Funkstard wrote:
    The exam on the first year of a new course is always nearly identical to the sample paper given out

Fingers crossed!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Yeah, I've found really easy so far and apparently the paper is so easy a junior cert student could do it, so hopefully I've got at least 100 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

It looks easy enough.I was looking at the sample paper i downloaded from the Examination site.I done a few q's on it.Higher level it is!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Funkstard wrote:
    I disagree - first year of the new Biology course (2004) it looked absolutely nothing like the sample papers and there was uproar. What makes you all think it'll be just like the sample paper? I mean, the first year of the new course is the worst because there is absolutely no way to predict the paper, you have nothing to go on. At least in the second year of a course you can pretty much eliminate anything that was on the previous paper

• Advertisement
Advertisement