Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil DS is... a remake.

Options
  • 22-10-2005 12:27am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://ds.ign.com/articles/660/660475p1.html

Am i the only one disapointed that the new Resi Evil on the DS is not so new at all, but rather Another remake of the first one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Its getting to a point where you can only flog a donkey so much. And this one has two broken legs and a smashed up back by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I think the GBC version killed this as a portable title... truly an odd title. I really cant see this making big waves that much... the wiping of the blood off the screen would be a nice touch as mentioned in another thread, but apart from thst it wouldnt be too atmospheric at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you would think that capcoms unconventionalism would suit ecperimentation on the DS but they go and give us a remake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah im with retro on this, surely capcom can give us something original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Is the game coming to PSP at all or a Nintendo exclusive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dead on Retro. It annoys me that Capcom continually provide innovative games (Resi 4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7) then go and do something like this. Its definitely a Ds exclusive cause you have to make use of the DS features like touch screen and rather bizarrely microphone. Id say the PSP will get a Resi soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

love resident evil im one of the few ppl who bought resi 2,3 and code veronica for gamecube (though i never had played them before that) anyway i think this would suit the ds really well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

http://ds.ign.com/articles/660/660475p1.html

Am i the only one disapointed that the new Resi Evil on the DS is not so new at all, but rather Another remake of the first one?

Sigh ...

Seriously how many times do they expect use to play this game :-)

I have played the Playstation, PC, and GameCube version .. and now the DS (Deadly Slience ... groan) version

I know the DS 3D hardware is pretty cr*p so a ResEvil 4 remake or something is out of the question, but what about a RE 2 (my fav) remake ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

i never finished the game so im liking the prospect of playing it all the way through on the ds plus you gotta remember there are allot of new kids who where probably still in huggies when this came out the first time so them dogs are going to scare the crap out of them for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

FFS

I like most people here have already played/own/beat this game on at least two formats already.

I mean RE:Make made some sort of sense. Would it have been too difficult to make it some sort of side story á la Zero or Code Veronica? Something new to try all these different control system things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

For the love of god Capcom, stop taking the piss with this game!

Like everyone else has said, how many times has this game been released in one form or another?!

Twice on the PS1! (well three if you count the original, the directors cut & the platinum release)
    Gameboy colour version
    Nintendo Gamecube version

Now the frigging DS with all new stylus controlled knifing, I mean COME ON! the knife is desperately **** in the game!, you don't use it anymore when you get your hands on the beretta!, are they trying to tell us with the new stylus control we'll be able to kill the end boss Tyrant with a few carefully placed scratches!?

Why don't they make a DS game SPECIFICALLY for the DS that utilises the technology that the blasted thing has!, jesus, even a conversion of the lightgun game of Resident Evil that came out on the PS1 years ago would excite me more than a re-release of a game that is horribly, horribly dated..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The most worrying thing though is that the whole game sorta reached perfection with the remake. After wandering through those gloriously rendered halls and taking down those consistnently terrifying zombies, reverting back to PS1 quality graphics (check out the screenshots) doesnt exactly excite me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Reall disappointing/annoying. :mad:
    most people here have already played/own/beat this game on at least two formats already.

Word.

God you guys are a bunch of winers no one is making you buy the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

1huge1 wrote:
    God you guys are a bunch of winers no one is making you buy the game

And no one is making you log on to boards.ie and read our posts :rolleyes:

Everyone here is just expressing huge dissapointment with Capcom from taking the easy (though I can't imagine it would be any harder to port any of the other RE games to the DS) route and releasing a game that is not only very old but has also been re-made to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Laguna wrote:
    Why don't they make a DS game SPECIFICALLY for the DS that utilises the technology that the blasted thing has!
    Well, erm, what about the 4-player Vs and co-op multiplayer? That alone is enough to make me excited about this game.

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Well, erm, what about the 4-player Vs and co-op multiplayer? That alone is enough to make me excited about this game.
    ya ive always wanted to play resident evil co-op how class will that be

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ya ive always wanted to play resident evil co-op how class will that be
    It's called Resident evil outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's called Resident evil outbreak
    Well, if you wanted to get picky (and I do), it was actually called Resident Evil Outbreak File #2, because the first one had no online multiplayer in Europe.

But even still, I'm wtih 1huge1. This is something I've also wanted to play for quite some time, but haven't been able to because of Sony's awful online support. At least the DS's ad-hoc wifi support means we can start a game in the office here without much hassle.

Advertisement