Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with router for BT

• 22-10-2005 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

hi all

im sick and tired of the router disconnecting from playing cs:s due to incorrect reading frames caused by my router the Zyxel prestige

i have another router here but i cant get it configured correctly? maby someone has this router and could show me how to configure it for BT Broadband

here is the router i have

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=309007&cks=SER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

This Router you bought has a DHCP Client.
    Therefore you need to switch off the router section of the Zyxel.

This is how you do this:
    1. Open the admin page in your browser http://192.168.1.1
    2. login with the username "admin" and pass "1234" (Unless you changed this)
    3. Click Wizard Setup
    - On the first page it says Mode "Routing" change this to "Bridged"
    - Click Next and Save settings.
    4. Close this browser and remove the 10/100M cable from the PC.
    5. Connect it to your SMC and then connect the SMC to ur PC.
    6. Follow the Setup of the SMC and use a PPPoE Connection when setting it up.

Any questions just ask! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CitizenErased

Hey I have the same problem! I am trying to configure a Belkin router for my BT connection. The above was helpful (hopefully) but I was just wondering with regards to the username and pass.

Considering I signed up when it was IOL - which extension, if any, should the username have?

username@iolbb.ie
    username@iolbb
    username@btbb.ie
    username@btbb

??

Has anyone fully set up this router or a similar router for BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

username@btbb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Setting the Zyxel router to "bridged" means that PPPoE connections are not possable, and Esat requires PPPoE connections, unless there network also supports PPPoA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the SMC Barricade supports PPPoE too, and since it's a broadband router it should be able to handle all the necessary bits and bobs that it needs to (did you like the techy speak there?;))

I have (had, it's dead now) a linksys broadband router and it had no trouble doing everything itself with the Zyxel in bridged mode so I doubt the SMC will be any different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CitizenErased

Cheers for the useful info, it seems to be working fine now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

I think i had few problems when i configured that zyxel modem with my belkin wifi router in a bridge mode.

Advertisement