Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, UCD people...

Options
  • 22-10-2005 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I want an answer to this so please take the time to post. We all go to UCD, we have a radio station... Why don't we listen to it? I know in previous years it was by the lake and everyone in the vicinity of the lake had no choice but to listen to it, but now the portacabin's opposite the forum bar so not as many people hear it anymore. It's better this year than it's been before and they're always giving out prizes, but I've been told no-one ever claims the prizes; WHY??? It's free stuff! We're students! We're meant to be suckers for freebies!

I guess I just don't get why more people don't support the college's radio station. People think it's geeky or something. But I don't understand why. Someone please explain this and suggest a way to make more people listen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I don't have a portable radio. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cos most people have mp3 players now, I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

mp3 all the way for me im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

with an mp3 player i win everytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I tuned in once on my iRiver but the quality was terrible :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

I don't have a portable radio. Simple as.

Yep.

What's actually on the station?

Actually, what's the frequency!?

Go UCDd Radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

mp3's killed the radio star...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good call ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

Advertise the frequency- the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

it's 97.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

yup but all colleges only have the same licence for 6 weeks, as tcd/ dcu and some other colleges have the same station (97.3fm), so they generally stagger out when they go on air eg they might be on for one week and off for the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

It's 97.3 and it's finished now until the 14th of November. But honestly it's the best! There's the Crusty Muffin Breakfast Show and the Poprocks show (basically what you hear on Spin)... I like it! And I think I must be weird cos I feel competitive when it comes to college. You know, ours is better than TCD and DCU and all that... And we can't win anything in the student media awards if people don't listen in!!! And then the award will go to some crap student station! And not us! And come on, I think we all know who the best people are.... UCD PEOPLE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Our shows kick ass (especially The Otherside show, but then I'm biased) and since you can download podcasts from the site at http://www.belfieldfm.ie there really is no excuse for not giving it a listen. Except apathy. And God knows UCD has a veritable sh*tload of that.:rolleyes:

I don't have a portable radio either, but I download the odd podcast, and like Dinxminx said, the Crusty Muffin is just brilliant. Although not as good as The Otherside. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'm on the site right now trying to figure out how to listen. It's overly complicated, or hidden... or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Basically, click on the "Schedule" link, then on the individual show you want to listen to. Then there'll be a few links to podcasts from the last coupla days on The Otherside's site.

Unfortunately I think only one of em works right now, but that says it all really.... About Netsoc's linkage, not us.
    *shakes fist at nerds*

Advertisement