Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliberate Team-Killing.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Firstly it has to be activated server-side and mostly clans have their match servers activated tbh.You go into community and there will be files on the left which you download then they go to the right and you click to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

KdjaC wrote:
    ffsmuppets.JPG

Vbulletin says your paranoid.

kdjac

Owned....

GFF server rocks though, had many a good game on there.
    Forget all the romantic nonsense about not bunnyhopping, everyone else does it and if you dont then you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.
    Like saying "I'm not using the nade launcher, thats a noob weapon", horsesh1t... I have become the william tell of nade launchers over the last 2 weeks due to the fact that every server I seem to play on is full of people firing nades around, and if you cant beat em (due to the one shot one kill), then join em.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Honestly man I don't bunny hop and nor does anyone playing on the GFF server, well I haven't seen one person do it yet playing on there. I am crap at the game and yes maybe bunny hopping would get me a few more kills but I'd rather not do it cos it looks amazingly stupid. Only thing about the GFF server is that it was empty late last night I was dying for a game and there was no one on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Vegeta wrote:
    Honestly man I don't bunny hop and nor does anyone playing on the GFF server, well I haven't seen one person do it yet playing on there. I am crap at the game and yes maybe bunny hopping would get me a few more kills but I'd rather not do it cos it looks amazingly stupid. Only thing about the GFF server is that it was empty late last night I was dying for a game and there was no one on there

Sorry man was supposed to be on last night but ended up with lads on lash:eek: sick as a dog this morning:v:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah there was a few of us on but those of us on eircom were getting disconnected from game and TS servers lastnight :(

• Advertisement

Had a great laugh last night though when it was going, yeah I had a few ping spikes all right and got booted once. also got lag locked into a jet and was flying straight up had to eject and I was using the parachute for about 4 minutes before I could even see the ground was class I got a medal for it. Really love the game.

Two questions for you guys, would you recommend the custom keyboard that can be bought for BF2 and secondly do you have any flying tips in the copters and planes

Im far from an expert but for flying i accelerate/decelrate with keyboard inputs and fly with Logitech extreme 3D pro joystick.
    Dont use the throttle thingy on the joystick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Vegeta wrote:
    Had a great laugh last night though when it was going, yeah I had a few ping spikes all right and got booted once. also got lag locked into a jet and was flying straight up had to eject and I was using the parachute for about 4 minutes before I could even see the ground was class I got a medal for it. Really love the game.

Two questions for you guys, would you recommend the custom keyboard that can be bought for BF2 and secondly do you have any flying tips in the copters and planes

Do a search on here and you will see alot of thread on tips on how to fly. Im a chopper man myself so use keyboard. Will fly plane but really need a joystick for a plane which I havent got so would only use plane if nothing else available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Flying tips you can find lots on this forum. Fly low and turn alot to avoid those missiles. Keyboard and mouse is pretty usefull when flying planes. Just have to get used to is. joysticks are rubbish...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

problem i have with flying planes is sharp turns (esp. when someones behind you), have to drag the mouse half way accross the desk to get a proper turn. i suppose i could turn sensitivity up but that'd make bombing raids annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Flying tips you can find lots on this forum. Fly low and turn alot to avoid those missiles. Keyboard and mouse is pretty usefull when flying planes. Just have to get used to is. joysticks are rubbish...

flying low is about the worst thing you could do tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

problem i have with flying planes is sharp turns (esp. when someones behind you), have to drag the mouse half way accross the desk to get a proper turn. i suppose i could turn sensitivity up but that'd make bombing raids annoying

I have been known to run out of mouse mat on more than one occasion , and I have an extra long one .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thats why mouse mats are stupid. I have an optical mouse and a slab of table two feet wide...

Looks like EA have followed GFF with our thoughts on the lame bunnyhopping after all :)
    Game ,set and match :D

yup was delighted to hear it also, when is that patch due out does anyone know, some good flyin last night cully

LOL cheers m8,i assume you meant chopper flying? cos anytime i got into a jet or ground vehicle that Pavan fecker killed me within seconds.
    He is by far the best jet pilot ive ever come across in the game.
    Atleast he was on Teamspeak lastnight so i could abuse him after he killed me for a 1,000th time :)

Whats your ingame name Vegeta?

yup the chopper, twas a good game last night even for an inexperienced player like myself, I generally prefer the whole infintry side of FPS games but since others were flying while I was the gunner it kinda suited me better than i expected.

how does teamspeak work, I have a headset with a mic and I'm dying to get talking to the other members of the team

Download Teamspeak here.
    http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php
    It is a seperate program to BF2 or other games.
    Just join a teamspeak server with ip address,assign a key to speak and then hold down this key to speak,much like a walkie talkie.
    Our TS ip is 195.242.236.106:8838.
    Give yourself a name,conect to ip above,then join the BF2 channel.
    We have channels for all our games.
    The all you do is minimise TS if you wish and then join the game.
    With TS you can talk whether in our out of game,its generally where all our lads hang out whether we are gaming or ****e talking :)
    Any problems send me a pm and ill sort you out.

IG-Calibre wrote:
    flying low is about the worst thing you could do tbh..

Well I find it effective. ;) You fly high? I alway's get hammered that way.

Another move which I find works quite well is when you get locked, just fly as high as possible. Get lost in the clouds, but sometimes you lose control and you can't control the plane... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Yeah you get the spinners if you go beyond the celing of the aircraft - depends what i'm flying really. Some times I fly high & sometimes low; depends on the situation and what i'm doing with the plane at the time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Flying low makes it easy for tanks/jeeps etc to shoot the crap out of you. But it makes it nearly impossible for anti air rockets to target you.

Conversely, flying high makes it nearly impossible for anything but AA missiles to target you, but they can do it really easily.

Eh I have never been shot down when flying low... My deaths are due to crashes... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Was on GFF server for about all of 5 mins last night (circa 23:25).

Sharqi map was on when I first connected, noone about bar some GFF dudes (by the look of handles). I got in the M1 at the Radio tower, drove all the way to the MEC helo base, killed a GFF from the OpForce, and another GFF (on my side) in the AH-1 US attack helo immediately tk'd me from behind.

Well, f**ck me :mad: sorry for interrupting their mini war rehearsal - that was the first and is the last time I'm ever connecting to GFF. TiG will do nicely, thanks.

So there for all GFF-this, GFF-that, GFF-fairer-than-a-fairy-liquid-bottle.

edit <snip the names> :D

ambro25 wrote:
    Was on GFF server for about all of 5 mins last night (circa 23:25).

Sharqi map was on when I first connected, noone about bar some GFF dudes (by the look of handles). I got in the M1 at the Radio tower, drove all the way to the MEC helo base, killed a GFF from the OpForce, and another GFF (on my side) in the AH-1 US attack helo immediately tk'd me from behind.

Well, f**ck me :mad: sorry for interrupting their mini war rehearsal - that was the first and is the last time I'm ever connecting to GFF. TiG will do nicely, thanks.

So there for all GFF-this, GFF-that, GFF-fairer-than-a-fairy-liquid-bottle.

F*cking Knob-jockeys :mad:

So let me get this straight; you killed a guy on your own team and then when he killed you back you were upset???

Vegeta wrote:
    So let me get this straight; you killed a guy on your own team and then when he killed you back you were upset???

Read the post: I killed a guy on the Op(posing)Force = The Other team = The Enemy, and another guy on my team tk'd me for it. :rolleyes:

They both had 'GFF' handles, so I suppose were GFF Clan Members practising - but I'd have thought the idea of practising with a "real foe" (manner of speech, i.e. me) would have been just as welcome. Obviously not. :mad:

ambro25 wrote:
    Read the post: I killed a guy on the Op(posing)Force = The Other team = The Enemy, and another guy on my team tk'd me for it. :rolleyes:

They both had 'GFF' handles, so I suppose were GFF Clan Members practising - but I'd have thought the idea of practising with a "real foe" (manner of speech, i.e. me) would have been just as welcome. Obviously not. :mad:

Was it an official game or were you waiting for others to join before you could play a ranked game?

Dunno. I don't play BF2 'professionally', I play it for fun :rolleyes:
    I join a server, if there's enemies about I kill'em - that's about the extent of it. Why?

ambro25 wrote:
    I join a server, if there's enemies about I kill'em - that's about the extent of it. Why?

Its just I play on GFF a lot and find them to be quite accommodating to new comers, I haven't had the bad experience you've had though. I find hawkeye and cully very pleasant players who will go out of their way to help me.

I am by no means pro either and I'd bet your stats would put me to shame, I just thought that maybe if the server was empty they were just having a free for all, you see someone you kill him sort of game as score doesn't count in those games.

I'd give it another shot when its busy, as it is a nice place to learn, they don't bombard spawning spots, no bunny hopping, no artillery in red circles. Its a lot less frustrating than some servers I play on where within 20 secs of spawning you are sodomized by a missile

ambro25 wrote:

Its just I play on GFF a lot and find them to be quite accommodating to new comers, I haven't had the bad experience you've had though. I find hawkeye and cully very pleasant players who will go out of their way to help me.

I am by no means pro either and I'd bet your stats would put me to shame, I just thought that maybe if the server was empty they were just having a free for all, you see someone you kill him sort of game as score doesn't count in those games.

I'd give it another shot when its busy, as it is a nice place to learn, they don't bombard spawning spots, no bunny hopping, no artillery in red circles. Its a lot less frustrating than some servers I play on where within 20 secs of spawning you are sodomized by a missile

• Advertisement

For a start GFF dont practice,we dont play wars etc.
    I was on the server lastnight but only for some Mastuur City.
    I will enquire about this but i seriously doubt the guys on there were acting the prick.
    Maybe they tked you and maybe said sorry?
    Maybe they got the red name bug,i got that myself lastnight and tked 2 friendlies.
    Did you take note of names?
    I would have thought if you were gonna come on here to complain you would have atleast got names?
    What time was this at?
    If you have a complaint go to www.gunsforfun.com and go the correct route.
    What is it with folk on here who love childish namecalling?

Advertisement