Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliberate Team-Killing.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

IG-Calibre wrote:
    i've had dickheads drive into mines and entire jeep's punish, even though it was a single mine well placed where the driver could see it a mile away..

Choppers which get taken down by stray AA, even though it is impossible to lock a friendly vehicle and the **** punish - they are the real retards as everyone knows how bad AA & air to air missiles are in this game, but what really get's on my tit's is when you apologise when a teamkill happens, people still punish - this happens all the time on servers and on TIG alot, yet you all say you never punish. Idiots running out infront of vehicles and punishing the list is endless, but I do know I never punish for a TK unless i'm 100% sure it was on purpose

I can't understand why in a well admined server , punish TK is not turned off . We have it turned off for more than a month now and no one seems to complain about TK's , maybe thats because we have it set to 6 and your outta there , or there is nearly always some of us on with admin .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Airblazer wrote:
    it's my crappy ripwave connection...lags most of the time...still waiting for metro to be sorted out in limerick..3mb..sweet

Excuses excuses... tut tut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jonski wrote:
    I can't understand why in a well admined server , punish TK is not turned off . We have it turned off for more than a month now and no one seems to complain about TK's , maybe thats because we have it set to 6 and your outta there , or there is nearly always some of us on with admin .

Why did you punish me earlier when a chopper i shot down landed on your tank?

I mean i took a fooking chopper that was raping us on Dalian and you punished me :confused:

Lost gold cos of that had to settle for Argos silver :*(

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

Excuses excuses... tut tut...

are u joking Gilenrai..you're one of the worst I've seen..anytime I'm behind you u just bait out as you can't lose me!! o:)

last night was a good night without any lag and I was able to get my winning streak to 19 with about 38 kills for 3 deaths...there was just the small unfortunate matter of the tk's that i incurred..but what can you do when there's 2 tanks attacking your base and there's 1 soldier below..collateral damage I call it...get real people..if I'm on the ground and I'm alone and up against 2 tanks I'd gladly suffer a tk if it means that the pilot takes out both of them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Its an online FPS :rolleyes: , Tk'ing and people punishing are all part of the package.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Why did you punish me earlier when a chopper i shot down landed on your tank?

I mean i took a fooking chopper that was raping us on Dalian and you punished me :confused:

Lost gold cos of that had to settle for Argos silver :*(

kdjac

I think young man that you are greatly mistaken , I do not remember playing Dalian plant with you , nor do I remember being Tk'ed by you . I punished TK twice on TiG last night and that was some guy called N(something or other) that was just nading and c4'ing around our main base . I was also at no stage in a tank on the TiG server and neither did I play Dalian .I played the 2nd half of the second round of Daging Oilfield and I was in the chopper for that and I played the first round of dragon Valley where I was a pilot ( and finally got my air service ribbon ) .

So would you like to try again ?. While most people wouldn't have a problem with this accusation and leave it at mistaken identity , I do , as I am against punish TK and have it turned off on our server .

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I find on servers that have it turned off there are more cases of deliberate tk's as people have nothing to stop them from doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jonski wrote:

So would you like to try again ?. While most people wouldn't have a problem with this accusation and leave it at mistaken identity , I do , as I am against punish TK and have it turned off on our server .

John

Daginh Oilfield you were beneath the oil line at the 1st base coming from US base chopper was above i was coming out of 2nd base where linebacker spawns and heading towards gas station, nailed the chopper eventually.

"BTC Jonski Cease firing"
    Team Vehicle damage"
    You killed HTU-somfin
    You were punished for as Team kill

Pretty much how it went :p

d22ontour wrote:
    I find on servers that have it turned off there are more cases of deliberate tk's as people have nothing to stop them from doing it.

We have only one server , and loads of admins that are off and playing at different times of the day . I am not saying that we are great , we are lucky . A perferct example is last night on TiG 64 , I jump on after 12 and that last map is about half way through , I am on USA , I spawn at the airport base and it is total mayhem , Tk'ing all over the place , nades , c4 the works . But their was no Tig about so nothing they could do , the guys tk'ing soon got auto banned and I saw some names I recognised so I though I stay on and see the start of the next map , next map starts and all the muppets have vanished pertty much .

I suppose you can be sure the same thing happens on our server, it's smaller so easier to admin , it is also attracting a set of regulars and that makes it easier aswell .

John

KdjaC wrote:
    Daginh Oilfield you were beneath the oil line at the 1st base coming from US base chopper was above i was coming out of 2nd base where linebacker spawns and heading towards gas station, nailed the chopper eventually.

"BTC Jonski Cease firing"
    Team Vehicle damage"
    You killed HTU-somfin
    You were punished for as Team kill

Pretty much how it went :p

Like I said you , are greatly mistaken . I was not in a tank at any stage on that map . Are you sure that the HTU-somfin wasn't on your team , and iirc does Team Vehicle damage not mean just that , that you damaged it , not shot it down ? . Either way , you did not tk me last night nor did I punish you .

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

i was engineer, placed some mines on the floor, saw my own jeep coming so ran in the way so that he stopped. he stopped i typed "MINES" (in case the red skull wasnt enough). he then decided to run me over then blow up my mines, thus killing himself then punished for it i mean COME ON!!! 1/ i warned him and 2/ THERES A BLOODY GIANT RED SKULL ON THE SCREEN!, if i get tked from sum1's explosives i forgive (unless its obviously deliberate) as im the one whos driving/walked in the wrong place.

-Rant Over-

I spawned on my team mates claymore before. I think I punished. It was totaly stupid what happened, but funny. That was a long time ago though. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Airblazer wrote:
    it's my crappy ripwave connection...lags most of the time...still waiting for metro to be sorted out in limerick..3mb..sweet

Go way will ya, next you'll be blaming your gigabyte network card for all your TK's at the lans. Top TK guy at the lans everytime.

As for myself if i see anyone delibarately kill someone(whether its me or someone else) for a plane or copter, i will do my best to kill that TK'er, just hate that sh!t, really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Just thought I'd mention I've had my first play on a TiG last night, much enjoyment was had (but I played mediocre, tbh - not in good form last night for some reason), and I forgave 2 'aerial' tks and 1 'mistaken identity' tk :)

Can't remember the maps, played 2 or 3 (a bit of Clean Sweep, and the Chinese foggy one), didn't recognize any handle that I've seen in here tho'.

yeah hate people like that, unranked servers are good for teamwork as people play the game rather than go for kills, basically u get rid of the knobs, although sometimes these servers turn into a haven for tk'ers. GRRR i mean whats the point, what are they proving?

ALL MUST DIE!!:mad:

Ropedrink, that assholes name didn't happen to be predator by any chance? He was on lastnight with some of his clan mates, he was commander and for 3 games he kept repeating sh!t, I got so pissed off... I didn't kill him for some reason but we couldn't initiate a vote either, why?

Oh this other guy kept killing me, he knew that I was on his team as I would be parked right beside him in an APC. For some reason everytime I was in an APC or tank he killed me. I have to go to the TIG forums tomorrow and see about getting those 2 d!cks banned...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Nothing annoys me more than when I get punished for a teamkill that was, not only NOT my fault, but it was in fact their fault, like running right in front of my jeep, or jumping out of a chopper at the worst instant possible.

+ bitches that jump in front of ur jet/chopper as u take off so that ull kill them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tk punish off tbh,it saves all this BS.
    We have it off from the very beginning on our server and works a treat with no problems at all.
    Saves threads like this also.

lol yeah it dus but often on servers where punish is off ppl see this as an oppurtunity to tk their bollocks off!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

True but that doesnt concern us as we always have admins either ingame or on TS :)
    But yeah a non adminned server with no punish would be hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

oh yeah if someone teamkills me on purpose, for no apparent reason. you can be garunteed that i and anyone im on TS with will jump in front of his vehicle, jump onto his nades etc until hes kicked from the server.

if someone kills me for acting a dick, as i sometimes do(lack of sleep, alcohol abuse etc) then i get what i deserve. but i dont tend to play for very long when im in a state.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i was on the tig server last night. got tk'd about 4 or 5 times in the space of 10 mins. first 2 i forgave but after the 3rd time i just punished them. some definite gobs**ts playin this game that deserve to get punished.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

ghost26ie wrote:
    some definite gobs**ts playin this game that deserve to get punished.

Indeed.

public_bf2drama01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

When i get asked to forgive it say page down to forgive page up to punish but it works the other way around andbody else have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Was just playing gulf of oman and some idiot in a black hawk lands on my mine tking 5 people. Now I cant connect. Is it fair that I get blamed for somebody elses stupidity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dathaigh

Eh, could have sworn this was a game...

Anyway, most anoying thing I ever witnessed in a BF2 game, was a yank... Just another dumb american... I really hate those patriotic idiots..

Kinda pathetic how you hate someone for being 'patriotic' - guess you musn't have much gra for your own country.....

on a server which had some [M2K] clan members on it, bloody yanks were so up themselves me and clan mate in their squad had better scores than them and they were coming off with such stupid comments say that i was from whales (wow insulting) amd then was on about "let americans play american games" and giving they countries history, which they got rong i mite add (i study history), now their the sort of ppl i h8!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Some c*** shot me once injuring me, so i did nothing(you know the way its slow for the team colour to appear) then the fool proceeded to shoot me a 2nd time and killed me. Said oops sorry, so being a nice guy i forgave him. i got ran over 2 times on the same map, again forgave, total 5 tks 5 forgives. Then a tank is at one of our flags, i sneak around and go for the static tow missile and fire, saved the flag but unfortunately one of my guys was behind the tank and got killed and the c**t punished me, so irish guy whoever you are, you are a c**t of the highest order.

So thats it, i'm punishing every mofo that TK's me now.

• Advertisement

Dathaigh wrote:
    Eh, could have sworn this was a game...

Anyway, most anoying thing I ever witnessed in a BF2 game, was a yank... Just another dumb american... I really hate those patriotic idiots..

Kinda pathetic how you hate someone for being 'patriotic' - guess you musn't have much gra for your own country.....

Sorry but I am quite patriotic, but I don't go around... I am american... I rule... Go bush... hey I don't have a clue what our capitol is... Dumb asses...

Playing on a server with the steriotypical yanks is sh!te...

And what's gra???

Advertisement