Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliberate Team-Killing.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

nuthing rong with being patriotic, its arrogance mixed with patriotism which crazes me. The ones who claim that just because im british it means i cant play a war game i mean our country has been in more wars and stuff than america so whats their point????

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Agent47 wrote:
    on a server which had some [M2K] clan members on it, bloody yanks were so up themselves me and clan mate in their squad had better scores than them and they were coming off with such stupid comments say that i was from whales (wow insulting) amd then was on about "let americans play american games" and giving they countries history, which they got rong i mite add (i study history), now their the sort of ppl i h8!!!
    Perhaps if you studied some English we might be able to understand you.
    And what's gra???
    Yes, a true patriot.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I teamkilled some cocksmokers on a server the other night.
    Was waiting for a jet, quite civil, and it spawns. So one else was pilot so i took gunner seat. Then he tells me to get out cos he wants his mate to fly with him. Nope I say, im here first, I should be piloting the plane as well because I was there first but by luck you got it before me so fly...
    No he says and sits there waiting. So I jumped out and put C4 all over the plane and blew the dicks up when they took off.

As childish as it sounds, I had to do it.
    I don't see why people should behave like kids, and the only way to do anything is to treat them like kids.

A time before that, same situation.
    After 5 minutes of telling me to get out of his plane he took off, sent the plane into a nose dive and bailed at the last second, killing me.
    I got booted off the server then... People wanna go on like that then let them be, just do it back to them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

i was playing wake island last night and this plonker got in the plane with me when myself and a mate had been waiting for it. i flew it over land at high altitue then pointed it down at the sea full speed to the farthest point from land i could find and bailed out over the land.
    He spent about five minutes sending messages to me because it was my fault he had to swim for ages from where he bailed. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Was playing on TiG 64 last night. Some full Humvee ran over a mine I had put down, they all punished me and I got kicked.

Gah, muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Was playing on TiG 64 last night. Some full Humvee ran over a mine I had put down, they all punished me and I got kicked.

Gah, muppets.

You and your consistant tkin and excuses. :eek:

Will it ever stop ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

JimmySmith wrote:
    i was playing wake island last night and this plonker got in the plane with me when myself and a mate had been waiting for it. i flew it over land at high altitue then pointed it down at the sea full speed to the farthest point from land i could find and bailed out over the land.
    He spent about five minutes sending messages to me because it was my fault he had to swim for ages from where he bailed. haha

ALL LIES!!! - there are no 2 seater planes in wake..

IG-Calibre wrote:
    ALL LIES!!! - there are no 2 seater planes in wake..
    Hacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gah, muppets.

In all fairness tho, those red skulls warning you mines are around are difficult to spot. They'll have to do something about sh!t like that.

The one i hate is C4'ing a tank or comander resources when theres 2 or 3 others guys trying the same, someones going to kill the others taking the tank\resources out and it sure as he ain't going to be me who misses on the tank kill and gets killed myself.

Yes, fine, the skulls are difficult to spot. But why would you punish someone for it? Lacks intelligence tbh. Punish the driver for not being careful enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yes, fine, the skulls are difficult to spot. But why would you punish someone for it? Lacks intelligence tbh. Punish the driver for not being careful enough.

I was being sarcastic, in all fairness mines are easy enough to spot, only tough when its in shallow water. there will have to be something done about stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Hacks!

nah wasnt a hack. it was a lie alright. I was one of the maps with a carrier definitely.
    My mistake / lie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Everone's human and will make mistakes. nOObs will make more mistakes more often. Immature kids will do stupid things.

Team killing in return makes you just as bad and compounds and escalates the problem. It certainly does nothing to help your side.

You get team killed once? Take it on the chin like a man and get on with your game. Complain on text if you like. Taking the high road will work out best for everyone in the end.

I remember accidently team killing when I started out... it happens. Best to just leave it at that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

My god I cant believe its so easy to get away with killing your own team mates, ever play Americas Army you get crucified for friendly fire, if you kill a team mate your score will most definitely be negative. Hope I don't get bitch slapped this evenin cos I'm a serious noob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Vegeta wrote:
    My god I cant believe its so easy to get away with killing your own team mates, ever play Americas Army you get crucified for friendly fire, if you kill a team mate your score will most definitely be negative. Hope I don't get bitch slapped this evenin cos I'm a serious noob

Doesn't matter if a noob or the best player in the world. On a public server there can always can be one or two gobs**ts who will go around team killing. Also no matter what you do sometimes by mistake you team kill someone. Yesterday was with gernade launcher. Seen someone...fired and someone on my team ran over beside him so I took the 2 of them out of it

Also if a noob....if you see a red cross on the ground stay away it is either a claymore or a landmine. Put down landmines yesterday. Person was watching me. Then hops into car and drives right over them and punishs me? thats what I hate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Big Nelly wrote:

Also if a noob....if you see a red cross on the ground stay away it is either a claymore or a landmine.

Don't listen to him , the red cross's are actually 'powerups' given you greater speed/xray vision/faster reloading times and/or god mode .

jonski wrote:
    Don't listen to him , the red cross's are actually 'powerups' given you greater speed/xray vision/faster reloading times and/or god mode .

lmao.. I actually think that some people think that. See a red cross. "Great I must collect that!"

Ooooooh xray vision actually i think that'd be fairly funny to watch a guy running into every mine just to clear them for vehicles.

Do any of you guys use the microphone and headset combo to talk to other people while playing. How does that work can you talk to everyone on your team or just a particular person at a time

Vegeta wrote:
    Ooooooh xray vision actually i think that'd be fairly funny to watch a guy running into every mine just to clear them for vehicles.

Do any of you guys use the microphone and headset combo to talk to other people while playing. How does that work can you talk to everyone on your team or just a particular person at a time

Dont use it but the way it works....join a team, you can talk to everyone on your team. Your teamleader then passes the info up to the commander. chain of command so to speak. GFF seems to be the best server for using the mic and so on. Used to use them in clan matchs but broke mic and havent bothered to replace

Cool by clan games do you mean LAN games or can this game even be played on a LAN as there are four guys living with me and if they bought the game we could be in LAN heaven

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:
    Cool by clan games do you mean LAN games or can this game even be played on a LAN as there are four guys living with me and if they bought the game we could be in LAN heaven
    BF2 can be played over a lan and VOIP can be turned on as a server setting (not sure if you need a dedicated server). If playing from the same box as the server and having VOIP on might cause alot of lag.

BF2 can be played over a lan and VOIP can be turned on as a server setting (not sure if you need a dedicated server). If playing from the same box as the server and having VOIP on might cause alot of lag.

If in a house then just roar at each other:D thats the way most house sessions I know go on! whoever is the loudest gets the commander role!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

reminds me of my mates house way too much...

Ahh its grand one of the lads has a middle of the road laptop and we usually run the servers on that and we all play on our respective machines then. I love games way too much. Anyone know any jobs goin in the gaming industry??? If only I could get paid for my addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

irish bf2 82.195.136.136
    was making my debut

firstly went for a plane and this SAP kills me and gets on it himself.
    then this other GIMP throws bombs around and kills me
    then this other gimp shoots me a bit and throws med aid at me,

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

TKing is lessened in BF2 compared to other games by the ranking system in my experience...

the bigger problem is assholes raping uncapturable spawn points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

On last night, in enemy area & a guy in same squad followin me. So booby a APC by stickin mine on it, he jumps in, i dive infront till stop him then to remove mine before he moves, he waits a sec, i get my trust mine removal spanner out .....which also repairs anything :P , but then he moves backwards away from the mine but still kills us both & he punishes. Was shoutin Negative, Negative, but he still ran in :-(

Then earlier tonight, Enemy tank cappin our flag, gotta mine chucked on it, the guy seen & jumped out. So get him wif shotty :D next thing see a guy run for it, i keep hittin page down shoutin negative negative......Boom, tk, punish.
    Obviously the enemy had got outta the tank for a reason.... why cant ur own team learn what a mine is :P

Got Vet engie badge for spec ops on ghost town think was, gettin bottom right flag, minin the place & sittin on the tow for anything that came. Vodnik spawns, actually get to type before he starts to move. " I got mines around the coolin station so watch out" , he drives straight into one :(

BTW : Ever notice, you can hold a hand grenade forever after pullin the pin out if done it by holdin the right mouse button.

Berns wrote:
    BTW : Ever notice, you can hold a hand grenade forever after pullin the pin out if done it by holdin the right mouse button.

Yeah thats because there's a clip that must be released for the timer/fuse to start. Removing the pin allows the clip to be released.

Yeah I was playing on line for the first time last night and I got shot by my own team mates like 3 times in a row. I didn't punish any of them as I thought it'd get worse. they stopped after that though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Think if they shoot you or c4 ya, should punish, but if was a AT mine that u ran over or claymore in strategic place shouldnt punish. Claymores on top of ladders should prob be a punish though if they dont tell ya theres one there & ya took ages till climb like the crane :rolleyes: Nades would be iffy, how they to know u wanna go runnin in at point. But then maybe wasnt right time till chuck nade.

Advertisement