Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliberate Team-Killing.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well I was kicked from TIG last night because of this, first some clown rang over my landmines, then even when I reset the clown re-spawn, waited for tank, and ran over them again:rolleyes:

Next was I seen enemy tank(had finally got the clown who kept crashing the chopper out of it) and flew in. Blew the chopper, only after did I notice someone was craawling up behind with C4, punish

Didn't think I got another punish, but was as gunner in chopper, seen enemy standing at supply crate, blew him out of it with guided missle. Next get a team kill as well as proper kill?? get kicked. Pi**ed off at that stage with the clowns on TIG server and the bunnyhopping not stop by everyone on there so went off to play DoD:Source

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Dam are they that serious on TIG I was going to try and play a few games there, usually I don't go round planting mines everwhere. I think the game is very fast paced and a little difficult to get a good team going unless you know the other guys. Bunny hoppin drives me crazy it looks so stupid!! Also felt like a gimp when ever I tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Berns wrote:
    Claymores on top of ladders should prob be a punish though if they dont tell ya theres one there & ya took ages till climb like the crane :rolleyes:
    If the claymore is at the top of the ladder you get the skull once you are on the ladder (in my experience)
    Shouldnt it be up to you to ask if the ladder is clear?
    Otherwise the sniper would spend his day typing "Claymore keep away" everytime he saw someone come near...:cool:

Vegeta wrote:
    Dam are they that serious on TIG I was going to try and play a few games there, usually I don't go round planting mines everwhere. I think the game is very fast paced and a little difficult to get a good team going unless you know the other guys. Bunny hoppin drives me crazy it looks so stupid!! Also felt like a gimp when ever I tried it

Nah seemed to be alot of spanners on last nights, like on karkland had the tank and was medic, one of my guys got killed so hopped out of tank and revived him.. Turned around and some clown running off with tank. Thats drives me nuts.

Then on Gulf of Omen, was at chopper base. Chopper spawn and I let other guy pilot cause was going on "Hop out", flys up, goes around and head first into building. Next spawn again he got in first, exact same thing. Told him to get out of chopper. Done same thing again. Tried again and he got it first. I just left him too it:rolleyes:

Everyone on there did seem to be bunny hopping. Was flying over at one stage, pretty low to ground to get away from planes and all you could see was everyone hopping along.

Join the GFF server man, bunny hopping not allowed on there and there is always a good group of people. Seemed to be no-one last night but I will be on it from about 4-6 this evening for the night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Big Nelly wrote:

Join the GFF server man, bunny hopping not allowed on there and there is always a good group of people. Seemed to be no-one last night but I will be on it from about 4-6 this evening for the night:D

Dam I'm going to be in Cork all weekend but i'll be back home late Sunday night (9 -10 ish) and I'll be there. Do you have the IP addresses of your usual server haunts cos there's nothing better than being in a tight unit playing a particular role.

Was playing last night and planes and copters were just milling any of the flag positions and I was just like dam I went to all this hassle of installation and patches just to get shot to sh*t. I think I got the chance to kill bout 4 ppl in 20 mins

Would love to get playing on regular servers with regular players, don't know bout joining any serious clans though as I would feel guilty if I let them down by not making a game or something like that

Edit.................

Just saw the GFF server address there do I have to Join their clan or anything to be able to play on their server. I wouldn't mind creating a new profile as I am very new to the game anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Big Nelly wrote:
    Next was I seen enemy tank(had finally got the clown who kept crashing the chopper out of it) and flew in. Blew the chopper, only after did I notice someone was craawling up behind with C4, punish

That crap really annoys me.

As for bunny hopping i started doing it myself because i got sick of being a victim of it, hate doing it. They should do it like DOD, where if you jump or go prone suddenly it takes 1 to 2 secs to get your gun back in position to shoot.

Vegeta wrote:
    Just saw the GFF server address there do I have to Join their clan or anything to be able to play on their server. I wouldn't mind creating a new profile as I am very new to the game anyway

Dont need to join GFF, just go on and play and if any good they will invite you. Not sure what is happening to my clan, NRG, seems to be slowly dying since BF2 came out.

Add me into xfire: neilbrady79, then you will see me when ever I am online and see what server I am on. I have most of the guys from boards saved in my list so you can see them as well.

That crap really annoys me.

As for bunny hopping i started doing it myself because i got sick of being a victim of it, hate doing it. They should do it like DOD, where if you jump or go prone suddenly it takes 1 to 2 secs to get your gun back in position to shoot.

I will never bunny hop, refuse to. Just on principle. Never seen it as bad on general server as on TIG last night, has nothing to do with TIG because only seen 2-3 of there guys on when I was on.

Thats why when I was kicked I went to DoD, sick of bunny hopping, class game and I love the MG42, the hum out of that is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Was on TIG 64 last night
    This "MrUsurper" guy TK'd me 4 or 5 times in the space of 5 minutes.
    He was "hiding" beside our flag and everytime I spawned at that flag he would kill me.
    I would actually walk right up to him without firing just to see would his brain wonder
    a) why I wasnt firing back
    b) how I was able to spawn at "his teams" flag

but he didnt get it
    He was on -18 and didnt get kicked
    I just dont know sometimes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vegeta our website is www.gunsforfun.com
    We play many games and have servers for COD2 and DOD-S too.
    Cheers Nelly for kind words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Everyone bunny hops when reloading.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Not on our server they dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

How exactly do/can you stop people from jumping ?

What is the point of trying to stop them as it's not illegal/cheating though it is sad.

Dcully wrote:
    Not on our server they dont.

Ehh yes they do, get in a up close in firefight with anyone and when they reload they will bunnyhop. Happens on every server i ever played on.

What doesnt happen is bunnyhopping all the time, but everyone bunny hops when it saves their lives.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

KdjaC wrote:
    Ehh yes they do, get in a up close in firefight with anyone and when they reload they will bunnyhop. Happens on every server i ever played on.

What doesnt happen is bunnyhopping all the time, but everyone bunny hops when it saves their lives.

-Everyone- does not bunnyhop. I dont, and neither does the rest of GFF and neither does most of the people on our server. If someone does bunnyhop and we see it they get warned. If they keep at it they get kicked. Its as simple as that. If someone has a problem with that then they are more then welcome to disconnect and find a server where bunnyhopping is embraced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 User_13

Team killing... I've accidentally killed my teammates. I never delibrately kill them though. Sometimes your teammates walk right into your line of fire, which is annoying. But all in all, I'm not a team killer and I have been the victim of team killing, I think everyone has.

How exactly do/can you stop people from jumping ?

What is the point of trying to stop them as it's not illegal/cheating though it is sad.

To answer how,
    very easy,we have an admin team on TS if not ingame.
    Anyone seen bunnyhopping they are warned and booted if they keep it up.
    Also warning messages on join screen and popping up during play.
    We have a large and excellent admin team which helps :)

To answer what is the point.
    Simple answer ,we voted on it and decided its what the GFF clan and community want.
    Nobody said its cheating,its merely a small rule we expect players to abide by.

What doesnt happen is bunnyhopping all the time, but everyone bunny hops when it saves their lives

You might see folk bunnyhop on our server but trust me if clan members are on it will be short lived.
    We cant wave a magic wand and all joining players automatically dont bunnyhop.
    All we can do is our very best to limit players form bunnyhopping and that is exactly what has brought many many regulars back to our servers.
    We dont run THE perfect servers [nobody can claim that] but we do our very best to keep our community happy and currently our way of implimenting rules im glad to say does keep the GFF community happy.
    To say everyone bunnyhops is total BS tbh.
    I never do it,and i know for a fact no GFF guys do either.
    You cant label everyone as bunnyhoppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So basically you reload and you're dead? Tough poo if ya ask me. If you don't cheat and play by the book and kill the other guy, sound. So what if they bunny hop, they live, they get the points, they win the damn game... I really hate pepole that come on to a game/community and make us completely stupid rules, like no C4 on jeeps, no excessive dodging of bullets, If you see your oponent stay still and let him knife you, total BS.

If you can do it ingame and it's not cheating then I have no problem with it...

Of course it can get annoying if some guy keeps bunnyhoping but seriously, it's a bloody game.

I really hate pepole that come on to a game/community and make us completely stupid rules

Who exactly are you referring to here?

So basically you reload and you're dead?

Eh...no, the other guy is shooting too you know so he could run out too. You also have a pistol to use too. That also reloads faster than some guns.

Also, if your trying to shoot him and you keep missing then whats the differance between you shooting or not?

The long of and the short of it is that we do not allow bunnyhopping on our server and if that is a problem to someone who's only way of staying alive is by bouncing around like a gob****e then find another server. We would rather that you did. It would save everybody alot of hassle.

You cant label everyone as bunnyhoppers.

Can and did, only people that i have never seen do it didnt know that it saved there life.
    The long of and the short of it is that we do not allow bunnyhopping on our server and if that is a problem to someone who's only way of staying alive is by bouncing around like a gob****e then find another server.

I think you will find most people who post here dont play on your server for the above reasons.

kdjac

• Advertisement

lol @ kdjac your so full of it it comes out through your ears.
    You never miss an opportunity to sneer anything GFF,id ask why only i find it ridiculously funny.
    Please keep it up it really is hilarious.

I can only laugh at this stage. As cully said this isnt the first time you've -tried- to have a dig at us.
    Can and did, only people that i have never seen do it didnt know that it saved there life.

Yeah, absolutley everybody bunnyhops including me who hates it with a passion. Thats the oooooonnnllllyyy possible explanation. Its not at all possible that you're just being a teeny weeny bit (no wait, a lot actually) narrowminded when it comes to "the world outside bunnyhopping". Bunnyhopping is not the only way to save your life, it just makes you look like a pr!ck (and in my experience that is the way all bunnyhoppers act like[see? I can make generalisations too]).
    I think you will find most people who post here dont play on your server for the above reasons.

Hey, thats fine. Everybody here is welcome on our server once you play by the rules. And if you cant keep your finger off that blessed little space bar then please dont come on our server. It'll save us all some hassle. The bunnyhoppers wont have to waste their precious finger taps on typing when it could be better used mashing the space bar in the vain attempt to avoid the DAO 12, and it will save the admins from having to keep alt-tab'ing out to kick you, or warn you.

Obligitory smiley -> :D

Dcully wrote:
    Who exactly are you referring to here?

Twas but a generalised statement. Nobody inperticular...

Arabel? You are an arse... Never have I played on your server and thank God I didn't... Try comming up with an origional retort next time.

The jump button is there to be used, so what's the bloody problem. If you get pissed off that someone is jumping and you can't kill him then I will say you are a tosser... It's sad that your server has these kind of rules...

LOL ,dont you love it when one has to resort to personal abuse to get their argument across.
    Oh so brave behind ones monitor.

Where are the mods when you need one :P

Arabel? You are an arse... Never have I played on your server and thank God I didn't... Try comming up with an origional retort next time.

Oooh, I'm arse now. Says the guy who TK's when he gets bored. The jump button is there to be used to jump over stuff, like walls and other bits and pieces, not bullets.

If you get pissed off that someone is jumping and you can't kill him then I will say you are a tosser.

If you get pissed off that you cant kill someone without jumping around like a lemon then what does that make you? Sh!t? A tosser? All of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I , and most of BTC , hate this bunny hopping dolphin diving lark . But I have to admit that last night in an up close and personal gun fight , I noticed I jumped to one side while reloading . Now , not space bar bashing , just one jump while reloading . Is this bunny hopping ? tbh I couldn't give a sh1t€ anymore .

btw , this is a thread about deliberate TKing not bunnyhopping , that thread was done to death , and we could have been saved all this agro if dice hadn't coded it into the game in the first place or at least made it stamina based .

Yup jonski,the odd hop is not a big deal but constant spacebar bashing is what we kick for.
    We always give benefit of doubt even if we do see someone spacebar bashing but if they keep it up its bye bye time.

I agree this thread should have been locked by a mod as its gone way off topic, then again keeping it open leaves a window of opportuiny to get another dig at GFF doesnt it.
    Hey kdjac why dont you start a thread called the GFF dig and sneer thread,you can reply to your own thread over and over now that would be even more hilarious.
    Maybe xavier can join in with you.
    Glad i didnt go for beers tonight,this is enjoyable :D
    seriously tho BF2 is a good game aint it :D

Dcully wrote:
    seriously tho BF2 is a good game aint it :D

That was once what I believed...

Survive by all means possible. If ua can jump over bullets then fairplay to ya. I find it quite impossible to get the timing right... jumping to dodge them is something totaly differant. Personaly I don't do it, but I also don't have a problem with anyone else doing it... Big swinging mickey if they do...

Just out of curiosity, what other rediculous bans do you have???

Just out of curiosity, what other rediculous bans do you have???

Banning kids who need to resort to personal insults to make a point,can you think of anyone xavier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Arabel wrote:
    The jump button is there to be used to jump over stuff, like walls and other bits and pieces, not bullets.

Lmfao @ that crap.

Utopianer and mousesports who are probably the top 2 bf2 clans about bunny-hop in clan matches though they don't dolphin dive which i think is even worse.Your rules that you have make you look like little kid admins tbh.;)

Advertisement