Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Darkness Material

• 22-10-2005 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭

The title track from the Darkness' forthcoming second album, 'One Way Ticket to Hell... and Back' is streaming on http://myspace.com/thedarkness.

Darkness haters prepare to rejoice. Ok so you might be upset that they'll be back on the airwaves, but as a big Darkness fan myself I have to say this song just isn't up to it at all. It offers nothing new and to me just smacks of laziness. Same old formula, and it's not even that catchy. Now I know people will say 'what did you expect, thd darkness suck'... but having heard all the b-sides from their first album i genuinely expected this album to be excellent. The b-sides were nearly all very good and indicated the group genuinely have good song writing talent. After having heard the first single now I'm expecting this album to bomb, and for the group to be written off as a 1 and a half album wonder. Ok so it's only one song, but one thing i thought the darkness could do well was write catchy radio friendly rock. This song is just bland, and if it's one of the better songs on the album then I'm not hopeful of another effort in the mould of 'Permission to Land'

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The Doc's gone soft! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

No he hasn't :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Cowbell. Cowbell? Cowbell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Dr J wrote:
    Same old formula, and it's not even that catchy.

What did you expect, they're taking the piss like :P

(No offense, but if you think they take it seriously I'd get your head checked.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ahh they're ok. They were refreshing when they came out, but now that the general music climate has improved a little, their shortcomings are a bit more obvious. Good luck to them, I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

There the only band who could do a Queen song justice. On way ticket.. is total meh tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

They were a one trick pony that I never found particularly amusing.

The praise heaped on them last year was unbelieveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Needs more cowbell.

Cowbell2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

WTF, worst chorus ever

if the new album is as good as this then they are fooked imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

im not really liking the new stuff...its ok but not as good as the stuff they had before x:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PAINLESS

should it not have been called "return ticket to hell"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 502

personally i think its a great tune! it makes me want to drink and run a muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

adox wrote:
    They were a one trick pony that I never found particularly amusing.

The praise heaped on them last year was unbelieveable.

^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

that song is very very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

What was that other band justin hawkins is in? The darkness are pure cheese. pretty good musicians but they make terrible music. Glam rock died a long time ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I like The Darkness, they're fun, especially their live shows.

The new song is ok, not one of their best, but I've heard some of the other tracks from the new album and they are quality

Advertisement