Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS2 to TV tuning

• 22-10-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Awhile ago my Brother inlaw messed about with the tuning on my PS2 and TV.
    No matter what I tried I havn't been able to get it working. Anyway, I just got a new TV yesterday and tried to set the PS2 up on it. Same thing, I assumed it would auto tune to one of the AV channels, of which there are three, but it hasn't. I've retuned the TV to all the stations hoping that it would tune the PS aswell but no go. I'm wondering if the PS is set to a frequency, eg 588 MHZ and if I manually tune it to that frequency it might work. Also, is there a PS plug to scart available.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

strange. i've used my ps2 on no less then 6 tv's (unhealthy family, i know) and each time it works fine on the AV channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, firstly, if you want to view it on any av chanel, you need to insert the correct cables into a AV socket weither on front/side/rear of TV. If you only have scart sockets, you will need to buy a three-in-one Scart connection that will convert the AV leads in through the SCART socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you are using the RCA leads that come standard with the PS2 it will be on one of the AV channels. Check you have the right colour leads in the right sockets.

If you want to plug them into the scart socket you will need to buy one of these. Should only be about €5 from any electrical shop.

Advertisement