Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need this settling...

Options
  • 22-10-2005 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

What time of the year do you stop cutting the grass?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

when it stops growing, generally around now, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Enii wrote:
    when it stops growing, generally around now, I think.
    ya, I would say now...I did my last cut last week...don't take it down as low as you normally would though

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Generally, you stop cutting the grass when it stops growing. It will do this when the ground temperature becomes too low for growth, about 6 degrees Celsius (I think). I remember people cutting lawns around Christmas only a few years ago because the weather was so mild that growth had restarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Im still cutting mine every 5 or 6 days
    dont cut it too short or it gets very muddy with the rain and people walking on it
    In fact, try to stay off it altogether if you can!
    Dont let it get too long either though, that will keep it wet and crappy for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

Ground temp were up to 10 or 11 degress last week. Recent rain will cool it some what. I cut my lawn on Saturday and hope it will be the last one this year.The cooling ground and less sunlight during the will slow grass groth considerable

• Advertisement
Advertisement