Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience!

• 22-10-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Which is related to the junior cert by.....being in the year after the junior cert! (for some) Anyway, what are you doing for it? Or do you even have it organised?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So far, I have one week in the Maths and Physics Department of Trinity, and one week in the Irish Times. W00t.

I have another week at Easter, though, and possibly another week before Christmas to work out. I tried for the National Gallery of Photography but they said they don't take interns. *mutters darkly*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

My Work Experience isn't untill March. I don't have anything planned yet.
    I don't really know what I want to do for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Doing it now. Working in my mother's primary school (the school where she's principal not the school she went to), setting up a school website. It's half done. One week left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

one week in the Irish Times. W00t.

How'd you manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I'm working in The Design Centre and....

The morgue! With a forensic pathologist. I figured if you work in a hospital they wont let you do any surgery, because it's too dangerous, but in a morgue, the people are already dead! Only, I'm there during my birthday....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I have no clue of what I would want to do yet

*MmmPie* wrote:
    How'd you manage that?
    Emailed/rang them. *shrugs*

Zomg, Morgue! That is so cool. I'd be entirely freaked out, but such an unusual idea. I'm sure all the "OMGGAWTH" kiddies are jealous.

That's a bit too weird for me.
    Although the career is a cool idea. Like CSI. :D

Yup! I <3 those type of shows, and got inspired. I know it's a bit strange, but it should be good/eductional!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

A week in LMFM next year hopefully,already been promised it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I have two weeks in febraury/march which I am spending working in a sloicitors office for one week (I'll also get to go to court probably which will be cool) and the other week I'm spending with Tom Kitt TD, which I'm looking forward to 'cause I'm interested in politics.

I'd LOVE to go to The Irish Times but the November date I have is booked, boo. :( So, I have a week left to organise it and I don't have anything for November! Ahhh! No, actually I'm kinda chilled about it. I'll find somewhere...

There's just so much I want to do! Fashion design, the zoo, the local glass blowers (yes, we have a local glass blowers!) and then there is the morgue and my aunt said I could go to america and work with her (photographer) (that probably won't happen though) but there's so little time! Not in the annoying Mary Kate and Ashley way either....Meh, I'll just have to take a few weeks off school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I did forth yr ages ago....didnt actually and loved it. My advice is to apply early though or all the good spots will be gone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

I'm trying for two weeks in an advertising agency but my school don't give us time for it so I've just got to skip. meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I'm going for 2 weeks in the Irish Academy of Preforming Arts .. down here in Limerick... and 1 week in Dell!

in Dell wow. You get to see how their crappy customer service works?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueRollingPin

I've got two weeks work experience at the end of January/start of Febuary. My first week is in Real Good, which is a sound studio - It sounds really cool, I can't wait! I don't know what I'm doing for my second week yet, I really should though since the school's deadline for it is in two weeks... I'll find something.

Work experience in the morgue sounds cool - I'd probably find it creepy but get used to it after a while. My grandad was a state pathologist, apparently he was brilliant at carving the turkey at Christmas as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

My advice:
    When I was intransition year, I couldn't find anything I wanted(and could) to do work experiance as, so I worked the first week for my dad, behind a desk, typing things out nine to five in an office. It was soul destroying.

For my SECOND week, I worked for a friends mum, organising a culture festeval, and had to type up about three letters and make a few phone calls.
    My friend worked for his photographer uncle and spent a week eating cream pies. If you are stuck for work, DO NOT go for a crappy office job, find someone artsy, interesting and independant (Writer, filmer, photographer) and ask if you can follow them around. Good Luck!

My grandad was a state pathologist, apparently he was brilliant at carving the turkey at Christmas as a result.
    :D Legend!
    New smiley::v:
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 byatch

I have wrote letters to people about it but i have got no replies!! Its soooo irritating. U'd think they would be glad to be able to get free workers for a week. I want to work in some sort of office place. has any1 got any ideas??

• Advertisement

byatch wrote:
    I want to work in some sort of office place. has any1 got any ideas??
    Haven't you been listening?
    My advice: DO NOT go for a crappy office job

Bejayzus, if someone wants to work in an office, let them.

As far as ideas, byatch: It's written, not wrote. Seriously, if you're writing letters, try to sound like you passed Junior Cert English.

Ideas wise.. well, just try an office that may be doing stuff that interests you, or failing that, one in a nice location, or, failing that, anywhere that will take you.

Byatch, no text speak please! And Diarmsquid, if the poor girl wants to work in an office, either help or don't comment.

Crap day....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Solicitor's for me. Agus turas go cuirt leis (nó dhó!). This week coming...

I wish I had work experience sometime soon rather than at the end of March :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I have work experience next week. :eek:
    I'm scared......

scared of missing 2 weeks of school?
    sounds great if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Jakkass wrote:
    scared of missing 2 weeks of school?
    sounds great if you ask me

I'm only doing 1 week.
    I'm just scraed 'cause everyone's gonna be so professional and all....
    Oh, I dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I have to do work Exp. for LCVP, but it has to be done outside of school hours...

• Advertisement

whats the difference between the established LC and LCVP

Advertisement