Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ooh do they do one for chemistry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Trinity are no longer replying to me so I don't think I'll be going there :(

I asked a student there and she said that you have to apply through your science teacher, so try doing that.

Will do, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cu_Ifrinn

I want to try working as a secondary school teacher but I don't know what that entails. My teacher thinks I would have to do my experiance at primary school or an adult training center, that I couldn't work at a secondary school because it could be dangerous for a teen to do so. (I don't know why) anyhow, does anyone have a notion of what I might have to do for my work exp.?? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd say doing work experience in a secondary school would have you being lynched. I mean, it shows that you're interested in not only something, but something that is being a teacher. So the students would have twice the reasons to hate you. And more the means to abuse you, being that you're their age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brownbread

I'm thinking of trying to work in a recording studio? good idea/bad idea?

yeah its a good idea if your into recording,music etc,im going to windmill lane in a month or so so ill tell you if it was good or not
    MaltEagle wrote:
    I did my work experience with 98FM and Spin1038 it was the best week ever. Didn't want to leave!

how did you get that? and where are the stations located,im looking for somewhere nearby me for my 2nd week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Sprint Educational. Have to get my second placement sorted before the month's out which could prove somewhat difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Well I've got a place for november in the web design department in my dads company. Now i just have to get a place for february but i dont have to worry about that for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

I'm going to a vets next week,and then the youth service and then my old primary school!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Well I've got a place for november in the web design department in my dads company. Now i just have to get a place for february but i dont have to worry about that for now.
    nice, web design is crucial today :) do you have an interest in computers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Ugh I thought I finally had my work experiance sorted with the cinema but turns out they're not taking. I dunno what I'm going to do. I've been sending emails and letters to places and they don't even bother replying. Grrrr I'll end up with no work experiance..

I've been sending emails and letters to places and they don't even bother replying.

I think most people have that problem, it's really annoying.

a call?? harder to ignore a call and it will be welcomed if you are polite.
    just to tell you universities love taking people in for work exp so if you are interested in doing a certain course just post a letter to the relevant department of the uni you are interested in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Jakkass wrote:
    a call?? harder to ignore a call and it will be welcomed if you are polite.
    just to tell you universities love taking people in for work exp so if you are interested in doing a certain course just post a letter to the relevant department of the uni you are interested in :)

Thanks so if i send a letter to Trinity you'd think they would take me? But what would that involve as work experiance? Going to the lectures...not much in it. Thanks for that though, I'll look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

If anyone can help me find a place in an animation studio I'd appreciate it it greatly, drop a PM if you have any help.

I've applied to RCSI for their transition year programme, so hopefully I'll get in *fingers crossed*

Thanks so if i send a letter to Trinity you'd think they would take me? But what would that involve as work experiance? Going to the lectures...not much in it. Thanks for that though, I'll look into it

yes Trinity took one of my friends into the Department of Biology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Im working in the department of microbiology in UCC( where i did my young scientist project in 2005) every Friday. Most schools have a block for 2 weeks for work experience but in my school its every friday till the end of the year so only 4 days in school every week! You also usually do 2 placements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I don't know what I want to do for Work Experience!! It's in February so I still have time but I don't know where I want to go!

• Advertisement

Robbing all my work experiences!
    I did a week in the trinity physics department (they were doing this "TYPE" thing, transition year physics experience, they called it, so not really work experience) and I did a week in the Irish Times. : p

How did you get that btw? I have nothing for November, and if I don't get something my TY co-ordinator will have me working in an office somewhere, I'd much prefer phyyyysssiiiiiiccccs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I'm either going to go with Trinity Physics Department, Trinity Philosophy Department or Irish Times. Hopefully, I'll be out of the country learning french instead though, and I won't have to make that horrible toss-up.

Use a dice to decide if you have to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Dices are the work of the devil!

So? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

I wish I was back in ty

I went to 96 fm for a week and
    Red Fm at the different stages (mainly weekend)

Was it any good or were you just making coffee and stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Piste: it was advertised on the trinity website, so I asked my TY coordinator about it, possibly gave her some kind of a form I printed off, and she did the rest.

Okies, I found out things today with the power of the internet and I'm gonna get my school to write a letter next week.

• Advertisement

Starting in UCD on Monday, loike, should be fun. And I might also be going to Physics @ Trinity.

Advertisement