Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question on generating sound.....

• 22-10-2005 5:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

A question for people who know how to use synthesizers etc..

Ok, so I'm trying to make a piano sound from scratch, and by that I'm attempting to make it by the addition of sine waves. (In matlab)

I'm taking into consideration, each harmonic and it's relative amplitude and the ADSR, but when i generate it it sounds absolutely nothing like a piano. My question is this,
    what other factors do i have to take into consideration when attempting to emulate a piano, or any instrument for that matter???

Comments

Advertisement