Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Micro Trouble, Please Help!

• 22-10-2005 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I just got a zen micro, installed all the software, but when i plug it ib to the usb now, it comes up in my computer as an extra cd drive (E drive). It shoul come up as creative zen micro. When i try to go into it, it says the device is not accessible. Creative mediasource Organiser doesn't recognise it either, how do I get it working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

You sure you havent put it into removable disk mode? (From Extra's menu -> removable disk)

Also try starting up Windows Media Player and see if it recognises it.

Does it mention anything about an MTP device - in which case you have the Firmware that is specifically for WMP10 and needs a new version of the creative software.

You havent re-formatted the hard drive inside by accident have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Karma Policeman

No, it doesnt recognise that a Zen is in at all, and the software doesnt either. It's brand new, so i'm absolutely ragin, any help would be much appreciated. Where is the extras menu, ill check if its enabled for hard drive use.

ITs from the extra's menu which is either at the first level or under the system menu.

Whilst there goto the System menu - select Information and tell us what it says... including the firmware version please.

tbh if it showing up as a USB disk the second you plug it in and you havent put it into removable disk mode it sounds like its Borked. Goto creative.ie and ask their support for a replacement.

It is new I take it? You've not been sold a dodgy second hand one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Karma Policeman

What program is the extras menu in, i dont understand? I bought it new, but it was on display in the window. It was the last one there, so the original box was already opened, the guy just put the player in with the rest of the stuff in there.

The extra's and the system menu are both on the micro itself. Press the back button (bottom left) until the menu's wont change any more then scroll down using the slider until you can see the system and extra's menus.

As I said before the Zen lets you move the menu's about but thats were mine are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement