Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Dublin

Options
  • 22-10-2005 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Right I am commuting to Dublin every week day from Dundalk (Red Barns Area) to Clonshaugh.

Now to cut costs and to generally help my fellow Dundalk posse I would suggest a Car Pool here or Lifts thread to be made a sticky as it would help a fair few people save a few bob and meet other persons from here.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Definately a good idea. I'm commuting from Dundalk to Clonskeagh every morning but I'm moving to Dublin soon. Still, great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I was traveling every day do dublin for the last year and half , i would of jumped at this chance. Great idea and well worth a sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

You should put an add in DKIT. Theres a lot of people commuting. Ask nicely and they will put one up in the staff room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I feel for you guys, I really do. Im home for christmas, living in Sweden the last few months and the transport system is second to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Blow ins lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Does anyone know when the M3 is expected to be completed? Couldn't find it on the M3 website. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Its supposed to be going to start this year but i dont think it will with the legal stuff n all.
    Your looking at 2010 at the best for completion :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

kc66 wrote:
    Does anyone know when the M3 is expected to be completed? Couldn't find it on the M3 website. Thanks.
    According to the Transport 21 delivery timescale announced in December it will 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 terry433iid

I commute from Dundalk to Fairview and have been looking to carpool for ages, I placed a few newspaper ads and some message boards but to no avail. If anyone is interested can they reply or drop me a line direct

terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 BarneyMac

I commute from Drogheda to Santry...it's a pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I am commuting from Drogheda Station to Pearse station monday to friday for college. Guys take the train. It is far quicker than driving. Coming from Dundalk or Drogheda you can take the Enterprise. If not just take the commuter train. It takes an hour. It's just like an extra hour in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

You guys in Louth should push for the Interconnector.. More capacity for more trains in Drogheda etc if it goes ahead..

Problem is it is last on the list with Navan even though it is regarded as one of the most important projects in T21..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Banditboy_irl

Get a bloody motorbike .... 20/30 min ride max or less:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

I travel to Dublin daily from Dublin road area I would give someone a lift but I work all over Dublin so can't guarantee where I could drop you off. But I pass the airport and santry exits daily. Great idea to carpool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

Great thread. I will be commuting from Dundalk to the Law Society from Sep till April and it really doesnt make sense to drive up given the extortionate carparking charges in Dublin. If there's anyone out there who's doing the same trip and would like to save on fuel/toll costs, give me a shout. It would be much appreciated! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best of luck with the car pool search ladylorenzo. You may want to consider something like Mathews Coaches and leave the car at home altogether, I probably would..

Linkey

Thanks for the link MM. It looks like its gonna be the only option. Just thought there might be someone out there who had no choice but to bring their car and I could help out with running costs!Ah well...it was worth a go!!

Just as a matter of interest. Does anyone know how far a walk the luas(red line) is the Matthews drop off point??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Just as a matter of interest. Does anyone know how far a walk the luas(red line) is the Matthews drop off point??
    10 minutes absolute max, unless you have two wooden legs. The nearest stop is Abbey Street, you just walk straight up O'Connell Street and it's right before you come to O'Connell Bridge

Great Bounty, thankx ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

No problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulhayes

Is anyone interested in carpooling from dundalk to clonshaugh / coolock dublin each weekday. if possible can you get in touch with me through email. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carolinemg

Hi, Woody. r u still commuting?
    woody wrote: »
    Right I am commuting to Dublin every week day from Dundalk (Red Barns Area) to Clonshaugh.

Now to cut costs and to generally help my fellow Dundalk posse I would suggest a Car Pool here or Lifts thread to be made a sticky as it would help a fair few people save a few bob and meet other persons from here.

Advertisement