Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clueless on wireless

• 22-10-2005 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

I just installed a new Linksys Wireless A+G Router (WRT55AG) on my PC and thought all was sorted but hell no - its had me pulling out what little bit of my hair I have left these past few hours :(

Some websites work fine, but it seems when I want to post info rather than pull it I get issues - for example when I go to post on most forums it just times out (weirdly it works on boards). If I disconnect and connect straight to cable modem all Internet traffic works fine.

I have called the A network NetworkA and the G network NetworkG and given them uniques channels (7 and 60 respectively).

I selected a passphrase (same for each so I don't forget it) but whats that for exactly - is it the key to enter in the apps that wish to get traffic through the router or is it just used to generate the real key that should be entered on each device?

I'm trying to setup a Windows Media Center Extender on it (my PC has Media Center on it running on XP Pro) and the device picks up both networks with excellent signals but when I enter the passphrase it says Not Valid right away. When I enter the TX key generated by the passphrase it at least accepts the format but then says its not the right passphrase so I can't connect.

Any ideas on this and how to sort out the traffic issues above would be much, much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I just updated the WEP (should have indicated I'm using this standard as the Media Center Extender will only accept this) to 128 bit and I used a passphrase to create a WEP key and entered this (damn long) key onto the Extender and it now says:

"Media Center Extender connected to wireless network 'NetworkA' , but has not received a DHCP response."

Close but no cigar - any ideas?

Advertisement