Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Locks

Options
  • 22-10-2005 7:32pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have checked through the threads on this point, but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer, so bear with me.

I recently changed my home insurance provider and have received my new policy. Its states on the policy that you must have a five lever mortice lock or a similar rim lock. My own wooden front door has a multi point lock, pull the handle up and one centre bolt engages as well as the two circuler bolts slide up and down. I believe the unit is made by G U Farco and the bolt has a ISEO stamp on it.

I rang the insurance provider to query this and they said its just as good as a mortice lock which means there should be no problem. Question is, is it just as good for claim purposes? Would anybody know for a fact that it is acceptable in the insurance world, or should i get written confirmation from the insurance provider that its ok?

I have already not asked for the alarm discount because of the fact that it was installed before i moved in, therefore i can't get it certified, but i'd like to know about the lock question by somebody who might have some previous experience. Last thing i want is to nullify any future claim that i may have.

Advertisement