Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown feuds...

• 22-10-2005 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to me that Smackdown is in an awful state right now. The curent feuds seem so lame. Batista vs Eddie, JBL vs Rey, Booker vs Benoit, zzzzz. I think the WWE ought to give Paul Heyman the reins and let him turn the show around but seeing as they won't, I'd like to know what feuds you yourself would have to turn Smackdown's fortunes around. Here are mine:

(c) Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit - It's time for a heel champion and Batista has had the belt long enough. I think Eddie should win the belt off Batista and then feud with Benoit for it since Benoit is better than the US title division.

Batista vs Randy Orton - Let's get this feud underway between the former Evolution members. Who knows it could eventually lead to Batista vs Undertaker at WM22...

Matt Hardy vs Christian - Both guys have been undervalued by management. There is enough history between these two to make this feud work and I'm sure they would have great chemistry.

JBL vs Mexicools - I think the Mexicools are dreadfully underrated. I'd like to see them feud with JBL for a while before breaking up with Juvi and Psicosis staying together leaving Super Crazy to feud with Rey Mysterio. In the meantime, Rey can be in a feud with Booker T for the US title.

What about you? What feuds would you have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I think Matt Hardy and Christian would be a great tag team!

batista is way too over to drop the belt and they will try and drag out his feud with eddie for at least 2 more PPV's

JBL is either going to lead the charge against RAW or he is gonna join them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Definitely love to see a heel Eddie as champ, but i do think WWE are aiming towards a Batista/Orton feud at some stage ( also like the idea of Batista/Undertaker).
    Unfortunately I think Benoit wll be in the US title picture for a while, with the likes of V1, Christain and obviuosly new champ Booker.I also think JBL will end up feuding for that belt soon.
    Mexicools have just started a feud with the Tolands so i thibnk they'll stay together in the tag ranks, although i'd like to see Rey foeud with Juve for the CW belt.
    And two names you did'nt mention that i think will be heavily involved in big storylines by the end of the year are Lashley and Mr. Kennedy........Kennedy ( sorry , could'nt resist it).
    These two are enjoying some push at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Why are they in need of some sort of push? They are barely in the door a wet week, and you want them to be pushed? And if they were, people will still moan that it happened too quickly - that they didnt pay their dues.

Lashley and Kennedy are doing great IMO, they are establishing themselves on the lower card, getting a feel for working in a high pressure environment. They will be big stars, but if the time is bided, they will do an awful lot better. For instance, look at Mordecai. Pushed too quick, dropped back to OVW, then released from there. And WWE had high hopes for him. They have hopefully realised that not many can be pushed as quickly as Brock or Cena.

As for the original post, well sorry Mr Nice Guy, your talking boll0x. I thjink that your view on SD is totally skewed, possibly die to the fact that it has been poor for quite a while, and partially due to your hatred of JBL. I feel the current feuds are excellent. Did you see the Benoit/Booker match? MOTY contender. The JBL/Rey feud is fun, and a nice contrast in styles. Eddie and Batista is certainly interesting, as Eddies role has many confused. When will he finally turn?

Why are people constatly unhappy? SD is turning the corner from the mediocrity it was in for ages. benoit is being utilised properly, there is some good new talent coming through in the likes of Kennedy and Lashley. The Tolands will also do well. The boogeyman, while being an awful gimmick, is some comic releif. The mexicools are helping both the CW division and the tag division. Okay, the juniors sounds a bit sh*t, but we'll get over that.

Can people honestly say that SD is considerably worse than Raw at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Why are they in need of some sort of push? They are barely in the door a wet week, and you want them to be pushed? And if they were, people will still moan that it happened too quickly - that they didnt pay their dues.

Lashley and Kennedy are doing great IMO, they are establishing themselves on the lower card, getting a feel for working in a high pressure environment. They will be big stars, but if the time is bided, they will do an awful lot better. For instance, look at Mordecai. Pushed too quick, dropped back to OVW, then released from there. And WWE had high hopes for him. They have hopefully realised that not many can be pushed as quickly as Brock or Cena.

I presume you're directing this part of your rant at me, Gimmick. I which case i'd advise you to read my post again, because i did'nt say either Kennedy or Lashley were in need of some kind of push or that i wanted them to be pushed, i merely stated that they are currently enjoying good pushes and in my view will continue to do so.

Sorry. But from reading other mbs, many are looking for big pushes for these two immediately. I thought you were as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Totally disagree with the original post, the last smackdown was great. Loved the smackdown juniors!

Agree with gimmick here, people seem to have a very bad opinion of smackdown at the moment, despite the fact that it's been improving alot recently. Even Hardcore Holly's looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I think Smackdown is the more balanced show. Sure Raw may have some bigger star power but they have a poorer mid card/lowcard compared to Smackdown. Plus they have a way better tag division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    As for the original post, well sorry Mr Nice Guy, your talking boll0x. I thjink that your view on SD is totally skewed, possibly die to the fact that it has been poor for quite a while, and partially due to your hatred of JBL.

Eh? My hatred of JBL? I had a problem with JBL as champ as he didn't deserve to be in the title picture in my view and he was living off cheap heat while he was champion. He got heat mainly because fans didn't see him as a believable champion.
    gimmick wrote:
    I feel the current feuds are excellent. Did you see the Benoit/Booker match? MOTY contender.

MOTY contender? I'm afraid you're talking bollocks. It was a good match and Benoit took a sick bump but MOTY contender? That's nonsense.
    gimmick wrote:
    The JBL/Rey feud is fun, and a nice contrast in styles.

It's not fun. They have no chemistry and JBL couldn't wrestle himself out of a paper bag.
    gimmick wrote:
    Can people honestly say that SD is considerably worse than Raw at the moment?

Hell yes. Are you aware of the difference in buy rates when you compare Raw PPVs and Smackdown PPVs? No Mercy was a total crapfest like most Smackdown PPVs and did terribly. I'm astonished you think SD is turning the corner. It's crappier than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Smackdown! better than RAW?

seriously?

lol

^ where did i say SD is better than Raw?
    MOTY contender? I'm afraid you're talking bollocks. It was a good match and Benoit took a sick bump but MOTY contender? That's nonsense.

What more does a guy want in a match. It told a story, it went to and fro, the fans were well into it. Some nice technical bits, some nice spots. if this were Benjamin Vs Michaels people would be purring. For me its a contender, you obviously disagree, we'll leave it at that.
    They have no chemistry and JBL couldn't wrestle himself out of a paper bag

There you go on JBL as well. he may not be technically gifted, but then, neither was Hogan. JBL has a great heel aura. You want to see his ass het kicked.
    Hell yes. Are you aware of the difference in buy rates when you compare Raw PPVs and Smackdown PPVs? No Mercy was a total crapfest like most Smackdown PPVs and did terribly. I'm astonished you think SD is turning the corner.

Yes, but look at the promotion NM got. WWE were too busy pushing the awfully dissapointing homecoming (which I only saw the other day), than caring about their PPV. I saw a few matches from said PPV, and I would disagree that it was a 'crapfest'. Certainly not the best, but better than Vengeance, Backlash to name but 2 Raw only PPVs.

Now as for buyrates, thats a whole different story, as i feel that a PPV a month is too much.
    It's crappier than ever.

Nonsense. Between Hardy, Christian, Dean, Lashley, Kennedy, Benoit, Eddie and Batista you have a decent roster there, which is certainly a better wrestling show than Raw. Raw still has the edge entertainment wise, no doubting that, but SD is improving and find it hard to believe people disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Funny up until about 2 weeks ago I would have disagreed. But Smackdown introducing more fresh characters from Super Porky, to The boggeyman to Ken Kennedy, the show is beginnig to grow on me. Certainly the roster is not a problem. In fact I did they did a good job with the draft balancing the 2 up. In saying that for the majority of the last 12 months maybe longer Smackdown has been pretty hard to sit through from LOD 10000, to Gillians mole, to the Ortons openly admitting the murder of the Undertaker and then 15 seconds later wanting a title shot (fiction it is but comon!), to Big John Heidenreich being pushed down our throats for 6 months. But I think things are getting better.

gimmick wrote:
    What more does a guy want in a match. It told a story, it went to and fro, the fans were well into it. Some nice technical bits, some nice spots. if this were Benjamin Vs Michaels people would be purring. For me its a contender, you obviously disagree, we'll leave it at that.

Yeah it was 'nice'. That's not MOTY material though. Where were the to and fro near falls?
    gimmick wrote:
    There you go on JBL as well. he may not be technically gifted, but then, neither was Hogan.

Please don't put JBL and Hogan in the same sentence. Hogan is a legend - JBL is a bully.
    gimmick wrote:
    JBL has a great heel aura. You want to see his ass het kicked.

Such a great heel aura that he has been put with a woman with a fake blemish on her face...
    gimmick wrote:
    Yes, but look at the promotion NM got. WWE were too busy pushing the awfully dissapointing homecoming (which I only saw the other day), than caring about their PPV.

Uh, NM got promotion on Homecoming.
    gimmick wrote:
    I saw a few matches from said PPV, and I would disagree that it was a 'crapfest'.

You appear to be in the minority.
    gimmick wrote:
    Certainly not the best, but better than Vengeance, Backlash to name but 2 Raw only PPVs.

What bollocks. Vengeance contained a REAL match of the year contender with HBK/Angle. No Mercy was like a long episode of Smackdown.
    gimmick wrote:
    Now as for buyrates, thats a whole different story, as i feel that a PPV a month is too much.

It's too much for Smackdown's craptacular feuds
    gimmick wrote:
    Nonsense. Between Hardy, Christian, Dean, Lashley, Kennedy, Benoit, Eddie and Batista you have a decent roster there, which is certainly a better wrestling show than Raw. Raw still has the edge entertainment wise, no doubting that, but SD is improving and find it hard to believe people disagree.

Are you for real? Hardy has had one match so can hardly be judged yet. Christian is shamefully underused and has had all the momentum he had on Raw thrown away. Reccently he was on Velocity. Simon Dean is a jobber. Lashley is still very new and according to Batista should have been kept in OVW longer. I personally hate Ken Kennedy's gimmick even though Vince and Triple H love it and I think his wrestling skills are average. Benoit is wasted and Eddie is just coming out of a diabolical storyline with Rey. Batista is the only guy they've handled well (maybe Orton too).

The reality is, Stephanie and her Creative team are doing an atrocious job. They culd turn it around by handing over control to the evil genious Paul Heyman but they're not very smart. Apparently midgets are the way forward.:rolleyes:

You seem to be the only one who sees its statgnating, and indeed, getting worse.
    Hogan is a legend - JBL is a bully.

Did you keep a straight face while typing that. Honestly? Did you? Are you utterly for real that you think that Hogan isnt a bully. Maybe you should look at the thread i posted here not so long ago about nixed Wrestlemania main events. Perhaps you should look to see how often Hogan changed the outcomes there. perhaps you should also look at hpow Hogan just would not let go of the limelight years ago ie perfect example being Royal Rumble 1992 and WM6. And maybe his hissy fit he threw about possibly loosing against HBK at Summerslam a few weeks ago.
    Hardy has had one match so can hardly be judged yet. Christian is shamefully underused and has had all the momentum he had on Raw thrown away. Reccently he was on Velocity. Simon Dean is a jobber. Lashley is still very new and according to Batista should have been kept in OVW longer.

So now your agreeing with batista, even though you hate him as well? Hardy - we all know what he can do, so he is obviously a stronmg member of the roster, Christians push is imminent. Dean is an entertaining jobber who can still carry a great match, and help through young new talent. Lashley, well okay, time will tell, but the early signs are good, and no doubt if he were on Raw, people would be shouting from the roof tops about it.
    Such a great heel aura that he has been put with a woman with a fake blemish on her face

:confused: That doesnt make an ounce of sense? Though I do not understand that gimmick? Whats it all about?
    Ken Kennedy's gimmick even though Vince and Triple H love it and I think his wrestling skills are average.

Cena? Batista? Austin? Rock? Hogan? Average wrestling skills for all those, and look at how successful they are/have been? That said, Kennedy is still new, and may turnm out to be a disaster.
    Vengeance contained a REAL match of the year contender with HBK/Angle. No Mercy was like a long episode of Smackdown.

One match, and not denying its class, the rest were bad at best. At least at NM, Eddie Vs Batista was a very good match. Solid at worst. Rey Vs JBL was good, and Taker Vs Ortons, while predictable, again was decent.

Im not saying SD is tops by any stretch, i just think that its improving. It has a long way to go yet, but is certainly 10 times more watchable than it was this time last year.

gimmick wrote:
    You seem to be the only one who sees its statgnating, and indeed, getting worse.

I suggest you read more wrestling sites. I'm far from the only one.
    gimmick wrote:
    Did you keep a straight face while typing that. Honestly? Did you? Are you utterly for real that you think that Hogan isnt a bully.

Now you're just talking out of your backside. Even the great Bret Hart (not a Hogan fan by any means) has praised how Hogan would come to the young guys in the back and offer them advice. He would shake hands with them. JBL is renowned for bullying young talent and was called up on it by Lance Storm. Forget what he did to Blue Meanie? Has Hogan ever done anything similar? I'm not aware of any wrestler past or present calling Hogan a bully. There are numerous examples in JBL's case.
    gimmick wrote:
    Maybe you should look at the thread i posted here not so long ago about nixed Wrestlemania main events. Perhaps you should look to see how often Hogan changed the outcomes there.

Perhaps you should acknowledge how you know the information to be 100 per cent accurate?
    gimmick wrote:
    perhaps you should also look at hpow Hogan just would not let go of the limelight years ago ie perfect example being Royal Rumble 1992 and WM6.

At least he dropped the belt when told. Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker not to mention putting over Brock Lesnar, The Rock etc. in his last run.
    gimmick wrote:
    And maybe his hissy fit he threw about possibly loosing against HBK at Summerslam a few weeks ago.

So what? Michaels has done far worse himself. Just ask Bret Hart. JBL is no stranger to backstage politics. Doesn't make him legendary though. He never will be regarded as a legend.
    gimmick wrote:
    So now your agreeing with batista, even though you hate him as well?

Check the top of the thread like a good lad.:rolleyes: I advocated that he drop the belt to Eddie.
    gimmick wrote:
    Hardy - we all know what he can do, so he is obviously a stronmg member of the roster,

Doesn't mean he will be treated well. the record for putting over talented individuals is not good.
    gimmick wrote:
    Christians push is imminent.

LOL. Yeah so was Rob Van Dam's.:rolleyes:
    gimmick wrote:
    Dean is an entertaining jobber who can still carry a great match, and help through young new talent.

Help young talent? He's not exactly old. He's yet another wasted wrestler.
    gimmick wrote:
    Lashley, well okay, time will tell, but the early signs are good, and no doubt if he were on Raw, people would be shouting from the roof tops about it.

It's too early to judge him. he has potential but that means nothing on Smackdown.
    gimmick wrote:
    :confused: That doesnt make an ounce of sense? Though I do not understand that gimmick? Whats it all about?

Have you not been watching the monstrous storyline concerning Jillian Hall's blemish?
    gimmick wrote:
    Cena? Batista? Austin? Rock? Hogan? Average wrestling skills for all those, and look at how successful they are/have been? That said, Kennedy is still new, and may turnm out to be a disaster.

I am a fan of wrestlers with talent like Benoit and Eddie. Kennedy just seems like another big guy to me. Yes he is a big mouth but I hate his gimmick.
    gimmick wrote:
    One match, and not denying its class, the rest were bad at best. At least at NM, Eddie Vs Batista was a very good match. Solid at worst. Rey Vs JBL was good, and Taker Vs Ortons, while predictable, again was decent.

Most fans would be disgusted to be given only 'decent' and 'solid' matches on a PPV. At least with HBK/Angle people got their money's worth. The PPV buys for Vengeance and NM do not even compare.
    gimmick wrote:
    Im not saying SD is tops by any stretch, i just think that its improving. It has a long way to go yet, but is certainly 10 times more watchable than it was this time last year.

I agree it's better than this time last year but when the best wrestlers available are stuck in mid-card (or in Christian's case on Velocity) then there is no way the slump can be turned around.

Look at the Mexicools. Imagine a few matches between Psicosis and Rey or Super Crazy and Benoit. Instead you can expect to see the riveting feud that is Sylvan vs Hardcore Holly. Pass the sick bag.

^ Touchy touchy :rolleyes:

While Im not actually disagreeing with you much, maybe you are looking for too much too soon. I think we should sit back and see how things pan out. Things on SD have been looking far better in recent weeks.

If we got everyting you are wanting above now, where does everyone go from there? As it is, there are a number of fueds on the go, and a few which will happen in the not too distant. I think an Eddie/Benoit feud will happen soon, as will Batista/Orton. Once Rey finishes his feud and when Supercrazy predictably turns heel from the Mexicools, there we have another feud. An impending face turn form JBL could prove to a great move. Who knows? it may work, it may be shít.
    JBL is renowned for bullying young talent and was called up on it by Lance Storm

Renowned you say? Just because Storm said it? Okay.
    Perhaps you should acknowledge how you know the information to be 100 per cent accurate?

I believe when I made the post, I acknowledged straight away that it was something I had seen elsewhere, and merely reproduced it. I dont believe it to be 100% correct, but Im sure you will agree, that it is fairly convincing and makes alot of sense when you think of it.
    I suggest you read more wrestling sites. I'm far from the only one

Most people who i speak to regarding wrestling thisnk SD is improving. And as for wrestling sites, well, they all come from the same souse, look at wrestleplanet, wrestlesone, top-rope, nodq, whatever, all the same storys, almost word for word.
    I agree it's better than this time last year but when the best wrestlers available are stuck in mid-card (or in Christian's case on Velocity) then there is no way the slump can be turned around

When you say stuck, how exactly do you mean? Perhaps Christian (to use an example) cannot give his all for some reason at present? Perhaps he has asked for a less than hectic workload for now? Perhaps the writers have told him to bide his time, we have this for your in x months, here is the storyline? We dont know.

And I think you have contradicted yourslef by saying yes its better than last year, but in the same breath saying there is no way the slump can be turned around.
    Help young talent? He's not exactly old. He's yet another wasted wrestler

Perhaps, but see above.

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Touchy touchy :rolleyes:

Me? Your first foray into this thread declared I was talking bollocks? Hardly polite and tactful.:rolleyes:
    gimmick wrote:
    Renowned you say? Just because Storm said it? Okay.

You don't honestly think he's the only one do you? What about the Blue Meanie incident at ECW ONS? He's a bully and he was caught on camera. Steven Richards and a host of ECW guys declared him to be a bully. Joe E. Legend also if I'm not mistaken. It seems you're a JBL fan but are you really suggesting he's not a bully?
    gimmick wrote:
    I believe when I made the post, I acknowledged straight away that it was something I had seen elsewhere, and merely reproduced it. I dont believe it to be 100% correct, but Im sure you will agree, that it is fairly convincing and makes alot of sense when you think of it.

I believe Hogan did flex his political muscle backstage without a doubt. I don't at all believe he's a bully though.
    gimmick wrote:
    Most people who i speak to regarding wrestling thisnk SD is improving.

Most people I speak to have given up watching Smackdown.
    gimmick wrote:
    And as for wrestling sites, well, they all come from the same souse, look at wrestleplanet, wrestlesone, top-rope, nodq, whatever, all the same storys, almost word for word.

Fair enough but I've not read anything flattering about Smackdown particularly in light of the miserable No Mercy show and the midget wrestlers idea. The Boogeyman character and so forth...
    gimmick wrote:
    When you say stuck, how exactly do you mean? Perhaps Christian (to use an example) cannot give his all for some reason at present? Perhaps he has asked for a less than hectic workload for now? Perhaps the writers have told him to bide his time, we have this for your in x months, here is the storyline? We dont know.

From what I've read, Christian is very unhappy backstage at how he he's been treated. He expected to be in the World Title picture and who can blame him? Have you forgotten his massive pops prior to moving brands? Remember the one in England? Remember his promo with Vince saying he belonged in the main event and that he would beat either Cena or Batista? What happened then? Tomko splits with him (where is he now?) , he loses to Cena at Vengeance in a lousy end to their interesting feud, he goes to Smackdown and gets pinned cleanly by JBL and from then on has been stuck in mid-card. It's been a disaster. Do you honestly think he's happy with his situation? Of course he's not. He's been treated disgracefully. I read Batista in an interview with The Sun recently say that Christian is being wasted.
    gimmick wrote:
    And I think you have contradicted yourslef by saying yes its better than last year, but in the same breath saying there is no way the slump can be turned around.

I haven't contradicted myself. I mentioned above that if they handed control over to Paul Heyman (who is currently writing now down in OVW and getting rave reviews) things would turn around. Last year when Heyman took over SD he turned things around but because Stephanie doesn't get on with him, he's outta there. Do you think Smackdown with Paul Heyman writing would see characters like The Boogeyman?

Raw is worth watching but Smackdown is looking more and more like the B-brand.

What about the Blue Meanie incident at ECW ONS? He's a bully and he was caught on camera. Steven Richards and a host of ECW guys declared him to be a bully. Joe E. Legend also if I'm not mistaken.

I cant really comment there, as it is reckoned that Meanie incurred JBLs wrath but a few misplaced comments. JBL apologised later for his innapropriate actions and went on to do the job for meanie soon after.
    It seems you're a JBL fan but are you really suggesting he's not a bully?

Fan, not quite, i just dont feel he deserves the ire that he recieves. As for being a bully, i wouldnt say that, I would say he is old school.
    I believe Hogan did flex his political muscle backstage without a doubt. I don't at all believe he's a bully though.

Fair point, but you dont have to hit people to be a bully. He held people back, thats bullying as well IMO.
    Most people I speak to have given up watching Smackdown.

So they are hardly in a position to comment then, are they? I gave up for a long time myself, and only see it about twice a month as it is, but am quite happy in what I am seeing at the moment. At least we see some action on this unlike some episodes of Raw, where you might see 13 mins of wrestling, and the rest talking.
    From what I've read, Christian is very unhappy backstage at how he he's been treated. He expected to be in the World Title picture and who can blame him?...............He's been treated disgracefully. I read Batista in an interview with The Sun recently say that Christian is being wasted

I see what you are saying, but this emantes from PWinsider no doubt, which isnt always correct, in fact only is it correct 50% of the time. Lots of assumptions are made. Unless I see Christian saying he is unhappy, then Ill believe it. As i said above, perhaps there is something in the pipeline for him. Also, who knows, perhaps his attitude stinks, perhaps he is a twit to work with, perhaps he made unrealistic demands on his switch, we dont know. I would like to see him more, and maybe we will soon.
    if they handed control over to Paul Heyman things would turn around

No doubt, never said otherwise.

gimmick wrote:
    I cant really comment there, as it is reckoned that Meanie incurred JBLs wrath but a few misplaced comments. JBL apologised later for his innapropriate actions and went on to do the job for meanie soon after.

Come on now. If you watch the footage he goes for Meanie straight away. Fair enough he jobbed to him afterwards but he still disgraced himself.
    gimmick wrote:
    Fair point, but you dont have to hit people to be a bully. He held people back, thats bullying as well IMO.

I disagree that makes him a bully. I think it makes him quite self-centred and egotistical but I would say someone like Ultimate Warrior who tried to blackmail money out of Vince to work a PPV was more of a bully.
    gimmick wrote:
    I see what you are saying, but this emantes from PWinsider no doubt, which isnt always correct, in fact only is it correct 50% of the time. Lots of assumptions are made.

I disagree. I think it's pretty accurate. If you've been reading WWE.com and the 'Coachcast' you'll see that The Coach has been engaged in a bit of a feud with PWInsider's Dave Scherer. Indeed, Trish on her blog also criticised Scherer. Why would WWE single this guy out unless he has some valuable sources?
    gimmick wrote:
    Unless I see Christian saying he is unhappy, then Ill believe it.

Come on now you know full well that if he opens his mouth he'll be treated far worse. Look where Paul London is now after speaking out against the WWE.
    gimmick wrote:
    As i said above, perhaps there is something in the pipeline for him.

But they have failed to build on the massive support he had a few months back.
    gimmick wrote:
    Also, who knows, perhaps his attitude stinks, perhaps he is a twit to work with, perhaps he made unrealistic demands on his switch, we dont know.

I've not heard anything bad said about him and I don't think Batista is a liar in relation to the comments he made about Christian in his recent interview with the Sun:
    Some of the guys who I think should be on their way out the door are still being given opportunities to shine, and it's up to them to take the bull by the horns and show that they really want to be out there.

Then there are some guys, like Christian, who are dying for that chance and aren't being given that opportunity.

I'm a huge fan of Christian - I enjoy every aspect of his work, the fans love and appreciate him, he has a great attitude, awesome work ethic, is always in shape and is very smart about the business. I feel very strongly that he's underutilised.

Source: The Sun

Still think Christian has been treated fairly?

Ultimate Warrior who tried to blackmail money out of Vince to work a PPV was more of a bully

Whats that all about?

As for the rest, well, we disagree. No point in beatring heads off the wall. I think that Christian will do fine. We dont need everything in the here and now. Id be far happier if the built him up again, then give his his long deserved push.

gimmick wrote:
    Whats that all about?

It's revealed in the new 'Self-Destruction...' DVD on the Ultiamte Warrior. It's the reason they fired him from the the WWE. No doubt Warrior would disagree with it though.
    gimmick wrote:
    As for the rest, well, we disagree. No point in beatring heads off the wall. I think that Christian will do fine. We dont need everything in the here and now. Id be far happier if the built him up again, then give his his long deserved push.

Well I hope he does well but I keep thinking back to RVD's miserable run on Smackdown. Hopefully it does go well for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement