Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found in Wicklow Mountains

• 23-10-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭

We were out walking yesterday (Saturday 22nd October) in the area between Luggala / Knocknacloghoge and the Sally Gap road and found a dog wandering around. No owner to be seen for miles around.

He's a Border Collie mix of some sorts, shortish coat, mainly black with some white markings, not a young dog, but not that old either, I'd guess about 4 or 5. He has a collar, but no tag or any other obvious means of identification. He looks in good condition, wasn't interested in food or water when we approached him. He'll be checked out by a vet on Monday, and we'll check for any microchip.

Going by his general condition, I'm guessing he was out walking with someone in the area and got distracted by some of the many deer that were in the area at the time. He's definitely a pet, not a farm dog. Really docile and obedient, trotted alongside us on a makeshift lead as we went back to the car.

We've informed a few places in Roundwood, and will get in contact with the local vet there on Monday, and we know a few other avenues we can pursue in both Roundwood and Laragh/Glendalough, but if anyone knows if anyone has lost a dog in this area, let me know. He's not staying with us (we have cats!) but with another of our group who already has a dog. Apparently he spent yesterday evening snuggled up next to their dog in front of the fire :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Owner already found and reunited with their dog. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

fantastic news - well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

aye well done :-)

Advertisement