Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol cheaper than deisel - happy days.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Bond-007 wrote:
    The Mrs was asking what the weather is doing atm? Is it very hot in your neck of the woods? What is the avg day and night temp?

Right now about 50% overcast, no rain, Hot, no. mild temp 50~60F, no need for a coat, until after dark, San Francisco or on the coast is a different story. Probably 10F colder along there, until you get down to Santa Barbara.

Here this link should work for Bay Area and California.

http://www.ktvu.com/weather/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AMurphy wrote:
    Right now about 50% overcast, no rain, Hot, no. mild temp 50~60F, no need for a coat, until after dark, San Francisco or on the coast is a different story. Probably 10F colder along there, until you get down to Santa Barbara.

Here this link should work for Bay Area and California.

http://www.ktvu.com/weather/index.html
    Thanks for the info. We're out shopping for clothes today. :)

It was overcast and mizzling this morning until about 12:00, I was outside working and had a sleved shirt + a sleeveless jacket. Then the sun burned off the cloud and it was a sunny, but mild day, had to loose the long sheeve sirt and jacket when the sun came through.
    If it was mizzling here it must have been down to zero visability at the coast, Monteray & SantaCruz.

Right now the sun is setting in a cloudless clear sky, Temp about 15C. Humidity about 50% (high for here.)
    Looks like tomorrow will be a good day after all.

Well you have read that Mark Twain remark, the coldest Winter I ever spend was July in San Francisco.

I'll get an update from Phx/AZ for you, but expect, Hot, dry and best to stay indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats all this weather crap???! Talk about it in PMs! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Whats all this weather crap???! Talk about it in PMs! :)

Mike.

From a man with his own personal rain clouds and thunder showers, I'll suppose. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Petrol still remains cheaper than deisel now petrol 109 and deisel 112.

Happy Days

Both 105.9 in Tesco Waterford. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

It must be the places I visit, but I have yet to see diesel more expensive than petrol :confused:

In clonmel Taxacon er Texaco near the west end of town derv is about 4 cents per litre more (109c).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

Sunflower oil is 83c in Lidl.. My Passat TDI hasn't complained about this now for
    the last 10,000 miles.. Smells good too.. Long live the Batter Wagon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

For quick guide to petrol and diesel prices across the country and in your county check:
    http://www.irishfuelprices.com/

lazylad wrote:
    For quick guide to petrol and diesel prices across the country and in your county check:
    http://www.irishfuelprices.com/
    This is very old news lazylad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Sunflower oil is 83c in Lidl.. My Passat TDI hasn't complained about this now for
    Seriously?? What mix do you put it in at. 50% diesel 50% sunflower oil? Are you not afraid your engine could fook up, or have you seen others do it on passats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Git!! and me driving a french diesel that can't run PVO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Bond-007 wrote:
    $2.85 a gallon is still cheap. I am heading off out on my holidays next month so cheap driving is on the way.

BTW what is the differences between all the different types of petrol available at US pumps?

Worth noting, however, the US gallon is only the equivalent of 6 imperial pints!!!

Worth noting, however, the US gallon is only the equivalent of 6 imperial pints!!!
    Which is 3.785412 Litres.

I see it down to $2.69 ($3.22/UK Gal) at the cheaper pumps today. You choose a good time, and remember like Basil Faulty and the visiting Germans, "Don't mention the vetter",

forgot, I paid $2.99/Gal for Diesel last weekend.

Scratch that, $2.67 on my way home.

Scratch that, $2.65 this morning. Sheet, prices are falling faster than Bush's populority in SA or the temp outside....shussh, "Don't mention ze vetter".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Saw petrol for 99 cents per litre (was 109 for diesel) in Emo, Tyrrellspass...

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Have you got it converted (i.e. start and shutdown on derv, sunflower oil heater etc).

Blah, just back from Tenerife where diesel is 69c/l

• Advertisement

Tesco on the Outer Ring Road (Waterford) and Shell on Ferrybank Dual Carraigway charging 103 and 102 respectivly for unleaded.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Tesco on the Outer Ring Road (Waterford) and Shell on Ferrybank Dual Carraigway charging 103 and 102 respectivly for unleaded.

Mike.
    Happy days! :)

Bond-007 wrote:
    This is very old news lazylad

That statement is so stupid you wonder why the hell post it!:D

Diesel is 109 in Enniscorthy

Garages in Wexford are not known for their keen pricing! :D

LOL.

You got anything actually related to diesel prices? Instead of talking sh*te with an annoying avatar no?!

lazylad wrote:
    That statement is so stupid you wonder why the hell post it!:D

Irishfuelprices.com is a very well known site which is why Bond007 thought it was old news I expect. You could have been nice and asked him to clarify, instead we get -
    lazylad wrote:
    You got anything actually related to diesel prices? Instead of talking sh*te with an annoying avatar no?!

Anymore of this and you will be banned.

Mike.

Advertisement