Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revs in Maynooth?

Options
  • 23-10-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Have a friend that kind of works for the band (more like stalks them really but she likes to call it "working for them"), they're looking to do more gigs soon and I suggested Maynooth. Do you think if they played in the college they'd get a good turn out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Every Wednesday I'll be in the Veterinary Clinic in Maynooth. It's very quiet so someone dognap some little poodle and bring them in so I can actually do something instead of pretending. Even geckos are welcome! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I think you just hijacked your own thread. Noice!
    I don't know how big a following the Revs have. I remember they were playing a club (forget the name of it) out at Johnstown Bridge a few months ago and there wasn't a whole lot of people there. Might be different in the college though.
    As for the geckos, we're not gonna intentionally make 'em sick just so you have something to do! We're more than capable of screwing up naturally and making them ill so you'll just have to bide your time. :D

Yeah I didn't think that justified a thread of it's own so just put it in with this. I'm going to poison your geckos!

No not really...

Would the Revs be big enough to play Rag week? Mundy "I'm God's gift" was good last year.

My head would positively and happily and excitedly explode if they played here.

I also want Conal McIntyre (ex-Maynooth, ex-Walter, brother of Revs' guitarist) to support.

Yes, please.

Also, note that they're playing Temple Bar Music Centre on 3/11, so if you wanna see them, you don't necessarily have to wait until our college's music people get off their arses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

ClareBear wrote:
    Would the Revs be big enough to play Rag week? Mundy "I'm God's gift" was good last year.

Big enough to play rag week?? I would hope so for their sake! I reckon (and I haven't looked into this) that they'd be doing a few gigs around now to promote their new album. I thought Edmund put on a pretty good show last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I also want Conal McIntyre (ex-Maynooth, ex-Walter, brother of Revs' guitarist) to support.
    What's he up to nowadays? haven't talked to him since i was like 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

jesus i feel so old.
    nobody remembers the days the revs ALWAYS played at EVERYTHING in the SU?
    the revs practically used the maynooth students to start off their 'careers'. they used to have a huge following here. aided by the fact that the dude who was venue manager up until last year was their manager.
    so yes, they always get a good crowd here.

but i would also ask for Conal to support.
    i miss his musak.
    does anyone know what happened to him.
    last i heard walter split, but im out of the loops...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jesus i feel so old.
    nobody remembers the days the revs ALWAYS played at EVERYTHING in the SU?
    the revs practically used the maynooth students to start off their 'careers'. they used to have a huge following here. aided by the fact that the dude who was venue manager up until last year was their manager.
    so yes, they always get a good crowd here.

but i would also ask for Conal to support.
    i miss his musak.
    does anyone know what happened to him.
    last i heard walter split, but im out of the loops...

i remember the those times only too well, ain't heard from Conal in ages i have an old number for him if you want it Caths send me a pm.

nah, i have the same old number i'd bet.
    thanks anyway tho.
    lordgoat wrote:
    i remember the those times only too well, ain't heard from Conal in ages i have an old number for him if you want it Caths send me a pm.

Cool_CM-he's gone solo..Walter split sometime last year. ;(
    the dude who was venue manager up until last year was their manager.

Robert Stephenson? Why is he not venue manager anymore?

Check out track 9: 'Robert' on the Revs' GREATTTTT (even if you didn't like them before, wow, you'll be blown a way) new album. It's about him. ;)

• Advertisement

no not stephenson. he was never involved with maynooth, thank god.
    i might have got a bit confused.
    I thought the venue manager was involved with the revs?
    my college years have been deliberatly blocked out of my head - i ain't going bringing them back up just to think about the revs!

no not stephenson. he was never involved with maynooth, thank god.
    i might have got a bit confused.
    I thought the venue manager was involved with the revs?
    my college years have been deliberatly blocked out of my head - i ain't going bringing them back up just to think about the revs!

Ah Catho, your college years couldn't have been that bad ;)

Didn't realise The Revs played so much here, I'm only a newbie. Well good to know anyway, I'll pass that information on to their stalker.

ClareBear wrote:
    Ah Catho, your college years couldn't have been that bad ;)

Didn't realise The Revs played so much here, I'm only a newbie. Well good to know anyway, I'll pass that information on to their stalker.

I don't think the Revs can just book themselves though! :p

Has anybody got an email address for the ents officer, or whoever books the bands? I could get a good few people to email them suggesting the Revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

ClareBear wrote:
    Every Wednesday I'll be in the Veterinary Clinic in Maynooth. It's very quiet so someone dognap some little poodle and bring them in so I can actually do something instead of pretending. Even geckos are welcome! ;)

Haloween is going to be a fun time for you guys :(

As for The Revs, they'd be great for Rag week. Better than Mundy anyway. He was a complete tool last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

I don't think the Revs can just book themselves though! :p

Has anybody got an email address for the ents officer, or whoever books the bands? I could get a good few people to email them suggesting the Revs.

I'm sure if the Rev's people got on to the Ents officer they'd book them no problem. Is there anyone mentioned for Rag week yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I miss the days when we had rod y gab, turn and bell x1 all in one year. and they were nearly all free in.
    jesus all we have left is tribute bands and pop crap like the revs.
    *grumbles into pint*

Smurfpiss wrote:
    pop crap like the revs.

Pop genius...pop nous, my friend. You are obviously referring to their *old* pop-PUNK, whereas now they play the most beautifully melodic INDIE pop.

Pick up their album if at all possible and you'll be wanting to email the ents guy like the rest of us! That's a guarantee. :D

From a reliable source (;)):

Conal Mc Intyre for anyone who would be willing to travel or who lives in Dundalk is supporting the Chalets in the Spirit Store on Nov 4th and is playing in Portmarnock S&L Centre, Dublin on the 29th of Oct. As for what happened to Walter... yes they did split up. However, over the past few months Conal has been recording demos at home. These demos will turn into proper recordings which will be in the end his debut solo album. For a sample of what these home recordings have been shaping up to be check out... http://www.myspace.com/heritagecentre

I checked out that myspace, and am very impressed - 'Angel...' is Strokesy greatness, 'Late at Night' is beautiful...

Check him out. This stuff is probably > than Walter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

nah, i have the same old number i'd bet.
    thanks anyway tho.
    i have his home address if ya want it
    pm me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Smurfpiss wrote:
    I miss the days when we had rod y gab, turn and bell x1 all in one year. and they were nearly all free in.
    jesus all we have left is tribute bands and pop crap like the revs.
    *grumbles into pint*

i agree, tink they had damien rice the same ragwwwk for 8eurons... happy times good music...

• Advertisement
Advertisement