Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My new 60 minute mix (download) (tracklist inside...)

• 23-10-2005 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

I posted this up last week, but it got lost after the server backup.

This is my third mix. Like the other two (here and here) this was done on the PC, not live.

I've just discovered Ableton Live, so I hope to learn how to DJ live with that soon.

Tracklist:
    Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
    Digitalism - Zdarlight
    Soulwax - NY Lipps
    Mu - Paris Hilton
    The Knife - Pass This On (Dahlbäck & Dahlbäck remix)
    Pixies - Allison
    Annie - Happy Without You (Sebastian remix)
    Death from Above 1979 - Black History Month (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke remix)
    Soulwax - Miserable Girl (Nite Version)
    Play Paul - Love Song (Extended Dub)
    Simian Mobile Disco - The Count
    Scenario Rock - Skitzo Dancer (remixed by Justice)
    Booka Shade - Mandarine Girl
    Coburn - We Interrupt This Programme
    Fat Phaze - It's Magic (Lottie & Serge Santiago's mix)
    Tiga - You Gonna Want Me
    Download: Uncork mix 3 (I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor) (67.3MB)
    (left-click on the link)

Enjoy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

I listen to your 1st, I think it was, uncork mix the odd time. Its good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

any chance the other two mixes are floating round online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭DJ RichieParker

Nice mix man, im a bit of a vinyl junkie myself and find it hard to accept any other format of mixing, but a mix is a mix so well done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 the dice man

sorry man but this is awful :(

the only reason i downloaded it was to see how bad it was. you really need to sort out your track selection because there is no consistency in the mix. individually the songs are ok but putting pixes beside annie beside death from above doesn't work.

i know your into 2 many djs and you're trying to go for the wacky eclectic mix by juxaposing rock with electronic but its not working for you. if i randomly picked ten songs from my itunes i reckon i'd be able to pull together a better track selection than that.

As for the mixing, its non-existent at times. Keep it up though and you’ll up back on this soon enough at this and realise how right I am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Post a mix up so dice man. Can't criticise like that unless you can back it up.

Haven't listen to this yet but I know from your other mixes you had some nice seemless and creative transitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Surely it's not *that* bad, dice man? :eek:

OK, not a whole lot of thought was put in to the *order* of the tracklist. I wasn't trying to build up a mood throughout the mix or anything like that. It's more of a mix-tape idea. I think most of the tracks used, genre aside, are just fun and light-hearted, nothing too serious.

A few of the transitions could be a bit more subtle all right, especially Simian into Scenario Rock. Some of tracks are harder to mix, because they're 3-4 minute radio edit type tracks (Tiga, for example) rather than 7-8 minute 12" dubby versions. So that's why there is little or no actual mixing at times, but there's no beats skipped, or major sudden tempo changes.

Advertisement