Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaining..?

• 23-10-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

I had a great meal last nite in Dublin city; pretty pricey but decided to have a treat....Got home, feeling grand and woke up at 4am vomiting like I never have in my life. Now I reakon it must be food poisoning; perhaps an offending starter of chicken wings. What I'm wondering is should I go back and complain...? What do people do in these situations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If I get food poisoning, I tell those who I know, and don't go back. A local chinese went that way, and everntually changed management. Haven't got food poisoning from there since :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I think it'd probably be best to tell the restaurant itself otherwise they may not realise the problem and others will end up sick like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Definitely call the restaurant. They need to get feedback like this. From personal experience, restaurants are happy to be informed about these things, it may mean that one of the chefs needs training up, or a more rigorous haccp system be put in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

You should get yourself to a doctor and get them to take a stool sample to confirm it is food poisoning and not gastroenteritis that you are suffering from.... then you can got to the restaurant if you have been struck by food poisoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Yes, go back and let them know. Don't be angery or ratty with them. Be polite and calm. This is the problem with us Irish, we don't complain enough.

By telling them they are made aware of the problem and can hopefully avoid it happening in the future. Its called Customer Service. I reckon they'll thank you for notifying them about it.

Hope you recovered ok, nasty ordeal food poisoning!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement