Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday's Games (Includes Scores)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mossy Monk wrote:
    fair ****s to Mark Lawrenson who predicted a 1-1 draw on the BBC website

And my dad who put his money where his mouth was and put his money on Beattie to score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Funny to see how Mourinho, after harping on that his team scored two goals and deserved the win, completely dodged the question when posed did he think Terry's handball should have been a penalty.

And the throw-in given to Lampard before he scored was definitely foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Funny to see how Mourinho, after harping on that his team scored two goals and deserved the win, completely dodged the question when posed did he think Terry's handball should have been a penalty.

Did he pull a wenger? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Well at the end of the day the Everton/Chelsea match was probably one of the best matches of the season so far. First time I've enjoyed watching a Premiership match since last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Shame you missed the newcastle sunderland match then, absolute class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    And the throw-in given to Lampard before he scored was definitely foul.

Looked like a fouk throw aswell. Only saw it once though, waiting for motd2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

It was a foul throw. And, he meant to throw it to makalele, who ran into the ref so the ball rolled through to lamps. I really hoped he wouldnt score, in the fantasy football hes killing me! Cant add him to my team, too much.

Stekelly wrote:
    Looked like a fouk throw aswell.

Yeah thats what I meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah thats what I meant.

Yea, I read it wrong. I thought you said that it was given the wrong way.

Just saw the West Ham "own goal", a ridiculously bad decision, one of the worst you are likely to see this season. Video replays should be brought in a.s.a.p. for goal-line incidents. There is no argument against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Elliot was superb against newcastle...was unlucky not to have a hatrick with a great save from Given, and a lovely chip that came back off the bar...Very promosing, and at this rate could very well be first choice striker by the time we get a new manager (with Clinto second...who scored again..i think that's 9 so far this season?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think its unreal that Ireland have the option of 3 half decent strikers, it just doesn't happen in Irish football :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

DubGuy wrote:
    Elliot was superb against newcastle...was unlucky not to have a hatrick with a great save from Given, and a lovely chip that came back off the bar...Very promosing, and at this rate could very well be first choice striker by the time we get a new manager (with Clinto second...who scored again..i think that's 9 so far this season?)

I was disappointed with the chip TBH. It was a nice trick but he should have buried it and got a point for Sunderland. When you're 3-2 down (or maybe it was 2-2 at the stage, not sure), isn't the time to over elaborate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lemlin wrote:
    I was disappointed with the chip TBH. It was a nice trick but he should have buried it and got a point for Sunderland. When you're 3-2 down (or maybe it was 2-2 at the stage, not sure), isn't the time to over elaborate.
    If he hit the chip with his left foot he would have scored. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    Over-elaborate? Any striker in that situation would have done the exact same thing. Given was stranded and the best route for the ball to go in was over his head...Elliott was just very unlucky that it was an inch too high.
    Elliott seems to have continued his form from back in the Cyprus game, he's looking very sharp and dangerous..and has scored two beauties in the last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Over-elaborate? Any striker in that situation would have done the exact same thing. Given was stranded and the best route for the ball to go in was over his head...Elliott was just very unlucky that it was an inch too high.

Not to mention Given is probably the best keeper in the world 1-on-1 (thats not just because he is irish!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

evilhomer wrote:
    Not to mention Given is probably the best keeper in the world 1-on-1 (thats not just because he is irish!)

I agree with that. I'd rate him as better than Cech, and I did long before his recent performances.

Elliott seems to have continued his form from back in the Cyprus game, he's looking very sharp and dangerous..and has scored two beauties in the last two games.

Just my personal opinion, he was through on goal and should have scored I thought. Given was stranded and I think he would of been just as stranded if Elliott had rifled the shot into the back of the net, rather than trying the chip.

Advertisement