Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edenderry

Options
  • 23-10-2005 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi everyone. I have a question about Edenderry town.

My husband is currently working in Dublin, we are Maltese. Anyway I will be joining him in Ireland together with our children in early January 2006. I am currently still living in Malta with the kids.

We were thinking of moving to Edenderry. Dh would than commute to work. He works in South Quay Dublin 4.

I would appreciate any information regarding Edenderry and commutung experience if you have any.

Thanks

Angele

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

Hi Edenderry is only 45 mins from the city centre but thats at the weekend.On a week day if your not going by the spa hotel in lucan before 7.00 am you will be sitting in your car for ages.
    Your best option would be to go to work using a bus service since the bus lanes are fab at rush hour.My sister uses the bus and can get to work 45 minutes quicker than by car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Bus Eireann do a commuter service into the city centre from Edenderry and it seems like a smart way to get into the city without waiting in traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angele

Problem is dh works shift hours. So he sometimes starts work at 7 00 am. Do you know the time the first bus leaves for the capital?

On second thoughts he might not have problems travelling by car since he will leave home early well before 7 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

have you looked at other aera's ? i wouldnt tell anyone to go live there or bring kids to school there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angele

Yes we are looking at other areas. Frankly we have dismissed Edenderry for good.
    We are thinking Athy or Drogheda. What do you think?

• Advertisement

Angele wrote:
    Yes we are looking at other areas. Frankly we have dismissed Edenderry for good.
    We are thinking Athy or Drogheda. What do you think?

hmmm no but are bad in my mind but anywhere on the m1 is a good choise condsidering ur both working in dub and traffic at liest moves on the m1 after the airport turnoff .

u could decide ardee ( about 40 mins from dub 1hr from the city center ) loads of places getting built there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

elexes wrote:
    have you looked at other aera's ? i wouldnt tell anyone to go live there or bring kids to school there .

And why's that exactly? From the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

The new motorway is opened and the journey to dublin is a piece of cake now! Its motorway the whole way there!

Teneka wrote:
    And why's that exactly? From the area?

well i know some of the teachers in one of the schools very well im related to some of them and they always tell me about the bad princaple that is now there and how hes not allowing the teachers to propperly do there job . hes also not doing a good job at keeping the bullying down .

not saying tullamore is any better i know its not considering the cops were outside the shs there a while back trying to break up a fight between 3 students and a parent who steped in to stop a fight .

Advertisement