Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best HD MP3 player for €250

• 23-10-2005 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I've been asked by a friend to source a Xmas pressie MP3 player for her music mad husband. Budget of €250 - not very flexible on price. Now, ideally I'd love to recommend the iAudio X5 but it's too expensive. My sis has one and it's great. I've got an iRiver H140 40GB player myself and I love it but again, anything over 20GB just seems over budget. Not too bothered about colour screens but would ideally like 20GB. Looking around I don't think that's going to happen so I might just recommend the iRiver H10 5GB/6GB players. Going to NYC in Dec so was thinking of getting the iAudio X5 30GB there for $299 = €250 but they might be out of stock by then. Anybody got any advice on above?

Comments

just a quick tip, how about one of the 20gb H10s? Little bit bigger but almost identical to the 5/6Gb ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

just a quick tip, how about one of the 20gb H10s? Little bit bigger but almost identical to the 5/6Gb ones.
    Had a look. They're over the budget of €250 and hard to source.

Not over budget! :D

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4032759

J and r, very big american shop.
    Huge store in NYC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

how about the iRiver h10 5gb model you can buy them in any computer store
    I got mine in dixons for €240 but that was over the summer and I think there down to €200 now
    Very powerful piece of equipment
    highly recommend

why get the 5gb one when the 20gb one is only a fraction dearer. The 20gb one from J&R works out at €235 and the 5 gb one is €195.

I know what one i'd pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Not over budget! :D

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4032759

J and r, very big american shop.
    Huge store in NYC
    Heard about that place alright. It's looking like I'll just pick one up in NYC when I visit there in Dec. Probably go for the 30GB iAudio X5. The iRiver H10 20GB would be 2nd option with the iRiver H10 5/6GB last option.

Well i'd definitely reccommend J&R, whatever you're buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

How about a Creative Zen Touch 20GB from komplett for €199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I've just ordered a Sony NW-HD5 for 255 from amazon.co.uk. I'll let ye know what its like when i get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OgieRebel

I'm looking to buy the iriver h10 20gb, is there anywhere in Ireland it can be bought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Creative Zen Sleek 20GB

I'm getting it because it has a built in radio and you can record the radio straight onto the player

Advertisement