Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tape Drive software to restore Arcserve or BackupExec

Options
  • 23-10-2005 7:41pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there such a thing - running on linux or windows.

Arcserve 5.5 or thereabouts (windows / novell)
    BackupExec 9 (windows)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Overview.asp?ID=3370&TYPE=S
    That's just from a quick google, I'm not knowledgeable on this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That's arcserve the laziest program I've ever had the misfortune to be stuck with - any excuse to not run backups, and a total pig when it came to restoring - it did not release space when you deleted catalogs slowly filling your hard drive. If you did delete the catalogs then it could take 8 hours to re-index the tape, before you could choose which files to restore. That was 6.61 no doubt it's better now but I never want to use it again. /RANT

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement