Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episode 5 / White Rabbit

• 23-10-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Remember the episode when Jack follows the man in the suit(His father).Jack eventually found his fathers coffin and it was empty.Are we told why it's empty or why Jacks dead Father is walking around? Was it maybe because of fatigue that Jack was seeing things or maybe we are supposed to think that the body fell out during the crash.Does any one know anything about it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah he was hallucinating because of the stress/fatigue.

Dunno why it was empty, I just figured that his dad didn't get loaded on to the plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

No one really knows though but your idea is probable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Did chasing his father around not lead Jack to the caves and fresh water? I thought it was something Jack's father spiritually did for him:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So why did they put an empty coffin on the plane? I'm guessing that when Jack got to the airport his dad was already in the box, but then he wasn't allowed to take his dads body on the plane as he was missing the correct paperwork.

Would he really have gone and just taken the empty box on the plane instead and left his dads body in a bag at the airport? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Maybe the casket was already opened, As in the impact of the crash and the body fell elsewhere in the island. I'd need to see the episode again to see if the casket was already ''un locked'' i know it was closed when jack found it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I was thinking along the lines that his da is alive again....what with the healing effect of the island etc..

It would be weird but not all that uncommon to Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

robinph wrote:
    So why did they put an empty coffin on the plane? I'm guessing that when Jack got to the airport his dad was already in the box, but then he wasn't allowed to take his dads body on the plane as he was missing the correct paperwork.

Would he really have gone and just taken the empty box on the plane instead and left his dads body in a bag at the airport? :confused:

but wasnt Jack fairly shocked when he saw there was no body?
    its fairly strage that nothing has been shown about that since, i'm sure he'll pop up somewhere in season 2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

neah i dont think he was on the plane.... jack wanted the coffin on the plane so at least they could have the funeral... if they were going to let the coffin on the plane they would have straight away. you wouldnt argue with a man whose just lost his father if you could put the body on the plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

if they were going to let the coffin on the plane they would have straight away. you wouldnt argue with a man whose just lost his father if you could put the body on the plane.

Just as well Jack chose to fly Oceanic Airlines then and not Aer Lingus. Apparently Aer Lingus would have argued. I saw this in a local paper here some time back:
    http://archives.tcm.ie/thekingdom/2005/06/09/story17463.asp
    Eileen Clifford’s son Noel (24) was tragically killed in Australia last year when he accidentally fell from the balcony of his apartment. Aer Lingus refused to bring his body home as a new rule had been introduced which meant they were unable to carry coffins on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Didnt he come across a skeleton in the caves or something i'm a little confused!! I Really need to get season 1 on dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

The "Adam & Eve" skeletons? They're different people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Oh ok its all coming back like the morning after the night before!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

See? All you needed was a gentle reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

Is it possible that an air marshel killed jacks jad so that they would have a coffin that was going on the plane and they used the coffin to smuggle a bomb on board which is what caused the plane to crash in the first place.

Oh wait, no, that was the plot behind flight plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Is it possible that an air marshel killed jacks jad so that they would have a coffin that was going on the plane and they used the coffin to smuggle a bomb on board which is what caused the plane to crash in the first place.

Oh wait, no, that was the plot behind flight plan

Excellent.

Advertisement