Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Show more Latest Posts on front page

Options
  • 23-10-2005 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Request: Show more, 30 posts instead of 15. Last post date & time is wrapping to next line, fit on one line if necessary to enable more posts to be displayed.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The front page is giving issues at the moment. I'd say the no. of results is limited to prevent the query from timing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ooh... just noticed it's back.. seems to be having problems though.

30 posts is too many... it's nice to able to fit the whole thing onto one screen without having to scroll down.

Perhaps there could be a sperate page that showed something like the last 50 posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Perhaps there could be a sperate page that showed something like the last 50 posts?

Yeah, that would be better. You want to keep the front page tidy.

Like the "new posts" link?

...... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The last posts don't seem to be refreshing when I press f5 ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

seamus wrote:
    Like the "new posts" link?

...... :confused:
    Oooh... never used that before... they should give it a more descriptive name...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the reason why they aren't refreshing as much is because at the moment the latest posts is done on the RSS feed which cannot update as fast as a database structure thingy or whatever they used before.

i'm sure (here hoping) the front page will be back to normal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Doesn't show how many posts are in the thread at the moment either.

I've started using that 'New Posts' link in the past week though.. didn't even know it was there before.. quite handy.

dingding wrote:
    The last posts don't seem to be refreshing when I press f5 ????
    The "New Posts" feature won't refresh correctly with F5 either. The way it works means that it will continually show the same threads until you hit "New Posts" again and generate a new search.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

seamus wrote:
    The "New Posts" feature won't refresh correctly with F5 either. The way it works means that it will continually show the same threads until you hit "New Posts" again and generate a new search.
    That, of course, is NOT a bad thing. The server admins hardly want a slew of new server-crippling database queries every time a bunch of muppets (no offense) hit F5...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Why not simply drop the date from the "Date" column and only show the time instead; the date is just getting in the way at the moment, and it's rather unlikely that there will have been fewer than 15 posts in the past 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Yeah, front page is back to the way I like it!! Well done to whoever is in charge around here, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

NP - you can keep up to date with the System -> Upgrade forum posts.

J.
    --

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement