Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you Hate the most about UCD?

Options
  • 23-10-2005 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

What really bakes your noodle? Rattles your cage? FOr me it would have to be the inability to obtain a decent latte. The arts cafe is over priced and instant filth from a machine they never seem to clean. Secondly those jokers in 911 always nuke the milk and destroy the coffee and my mouth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

*Zane rubs his hands as he's in one of those moods* :D

The large scale informal trait of our campus
    The students of UCD
    Arts students
    It's location in a certain postcode in our city
    The John Henry Newman building
    The expense of being a student out here
    Th L

That's about it really. The campus has grown on me alot recently but overall I still pretty much dislike UCD but I'm certainly not the only one.

Oh by about 30-40 posts this thread will so develop into a flame war. *grabs popcorn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Grimes wrote:
    What really bakes your noodle? Rattles your cage? FOr me it would have to be the inability to obtain a decent latte. The arts cafe is over priced and instant filth from a machine they never seem to clean. Secondly those jokers in 911 always nuke the milk and destroy the coffee and my mouth

Man, why did you start this? You knew that Zane would come in here sooner or later :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

*hugs everyone -well, everyone who wants a hug - I learned my lesson. I did. Sorry M.N.G...or M.n-s-N.G. Whateva.*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The absolute, complete and utter incompetence of UCD admin. After all this time, they STILL haven't got my registration right for this year. They've registered me for maths, even though I'm exempt because I passed it 2 years ago.

Also the D4head 3rd BA Comp Sci people sitting in the row behind me in multimedia last Wednesday... Shut up. Nobody wants to hear about Club 92 during a lecture. And kicking the table, for 20 minutes straight, is NOT funny. Also, don't act like the table is your personal set of drums. You'd think at 20 years of age you'd be able to shut up and listen to a lecture. It's absolutely sickening to think these retards are going to graduate before me.
    *facepalm*

Also... the fact the CS building closes to people who don't have a swipe card at about 6.30. *Some* of us work best in the evening... and would like to be able to use non-crap programming utilities then. So either open CS later, or put something better than JavaIDE on NAL.
    *kicks CS and Computer Services*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmmm i dunno really.

I hate the fact that we pay "registration fees" which continue to rise each year while each year we get less and less from the college itself.
    A registration fee?? so I'm paying almost €1,000 to log onto the website and register myself?? I'm harldy paying administration fees because the college doesnt seem to believe in paper anymore.

Apart from that its all pretty superficial and rather obvious;

-> prices of food/drink
    -> the amount of oompa loompas/D4 heads
    -> the short memory of anyone who gets into second year and beyond. We were all first years once people, remember that.

I'm sure theres loads of other stuff but sure such is life. Best to just get on with it I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The fact that there are no cute hot guys on campus!!Except for all ye ucd boards lads of course but that goes without saying.Also dont like the way they,ve changed the girls and guys toilet around on the top floor of the library-v.embarrasing when u walk into the wrong one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

I hate a lot of stuff about ucd
    I Hate the fact that i only got properly registered last week after being shuffled around for about 2 weeks,
    I hate that im still unsure how much cash ill be refunded for my repeat fees
    I hate d4 heads with a feiry passion, Ild love to meet a sound one to prove me wrong
    I hate the archecture
    I hate that half the projectors in the chemistry building cant give a decent picture which is sort of important when your 5 mins late and stuck at the back because of the bad bus service
    but im sort of pissed off at the moment so ill leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blush_01 wrote:
    *hugs everyone -well, everyone who wants a hug - I learned my lesson. I did. Sorry M.N.G...or M.n-s-N.G. Whateva.*

WTF?

What do I hate? I hate Blush_01 for her baffling comment about me.:confused:

I also hate:

- So many 9 am starts

- The Stalinist architecture (plant some trees you monsters!)

- Rip-off Arts cafe

- Paying for sauce at the Restaurant. Grrr.

- Library fines. (I put that library guy's kids through college last year)

- The new card swipe thingy at the library. Waste of money.

- Those people who rub out the Pat Paterson graffiti in the Restautrant toilets. That was my...I mean someone else's work.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Snore

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Also the D4head 3rd BA Comp Sci people sitting in the row behind me in multimedia last Wednesday... Shut up. Nobody wants to hear about Club 92 during a lecture. And kicking the table, for 20 minutes straight, is NOT funny. Also, don't act like the table is your personal set of drums. You'd think at 20 years of age you'd be able to shut up and listen to a lecture. It's absolutely sickening to think these retards are going to graduate before me.
    High fives all round to those goys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

- Those people who rub out the Pat Paterson graffiti in the Restautrant toilets. That was my...I mean someone else's work.;)

I couldn't agree more it's disgraceful the way they disrespect Pat by rubbing out his philosophical teachings on the toilet walls....... but it's not like any of it is my work at all! :rolleyes:

*hides permanent marker* ;)

I also detest the Sociology Department for that horrifying Autumn paper.... fuppin' baxtards! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

I think it's wonderful :)

Oh ok, maybe I hate Data Structures and Algorithms and how this is our lecturers first time giving it.

Ah now, DSA isn't *that* bad! Still not finished my practical for this afternoon though... *runs*
    Could be a lot worse, 3 years ago about half the class failed DSA because they had Eleni Mangina (real name, honest) and she was that bad.
    I hate databases practicals, MS Access and all that crap... Access 2000 is a buggy piece of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Actually don't have much to complain about.

Crappy and expensive food - one or the other I could handle but both together :(

zane....naaah zane's great!!!!!!

the way the "college of life sciences" assume it's ok to keep people in a lab until 6:30 every week:mad:

on a side note - d4 comp sci heads wtf:confused:

D4 BA Comp Sci. Artsholes.

Btw... to all the lovely BA first years on this board, I'm not insulting you, but your pig-ignorant 3rd years.

aaah i see ;)

he he artsholes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I hate ILTG - the computer services in the Quinn building. They are incompetant, utterly usless. They dont know ANYTHING. The only thing they ever suggest is to whipe your HD. And whats worse is they assume you know nothing of computers :rolleyes:

Other than that, this place rocks!

And brady with his increased fees, cut backs, and UCDD ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

tribulus wrote:

Crappy and expensive food - one or the other I could handle but both together :(

Lies. The food is dirt cheap. 3 places you can get a restaurant meal for a 5er. You would easily pay €12 minimum for what they serve.
    Also 2.70 for a sandwhich might seem a bit much but thats cheaper than dunnes stores :eek: ! A normal price in town is about 3.50 upwards.

Not to mention all the variety we have.

The 5 euro food in the restaurant is still absolutely crap though.
    And a chicken and sweetcorn sandwich in Dunnes is €2.50 :p

*strokes packed lunch*

5euro mighn't seem like much but that's only one meal. I eat 6 times a day (proper meals) and at least 3 of them are in ucd. Buying them every day would seriously add up especially when i don't work:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 whatsgoin'on

The absolute, complete and utter incompetence of UCD admin. After all this time, they STILL haven't got my registration right for this year. They've registered me for maths, even though I'm exempt because I passed it 2 years ago.

*facepalm*

Also... the fact the CS building closes to people who don't have a swipe card at about 6.30. *Some* of us work best in the evening... and would like to be able to use non-crap programming utilities then. So either open CS later, or put something better than JavaIDE on NAL.
    *kicks CS and Computer Services*

I agree with everything else you say, especially when you're in daedalus or some other computer room and can't do any work cause the ****ing program you want to use isn't on the ****ing computer.

You're lucky, you only have probably 2-3 lectures with these people, but for me its all the time:( These people do not reflect the people in 3rd BA CS or in any BA CS course but just the D4 people.

Also on a last note, the people you're on about are actually from Stillorgan, Goatstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Location is annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

D4 BA Comp Sci. Artsholes.

Btw... to all the lovely BA first years on this board, I'm not insulting you, but your pig-ignorant 3rd years.
    i'm in arts, whats your problem? alot of people dont seem to like arts students but i think thats because its just one of those things people with no imagination, personality or opinions of their own say. examples:

"I hate Arts students"
    "George Bush is Stupid"
    "That's so Random!"
    "I support Man Utd"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

1} I hate the fact that because UCD is so big some people find it hard to fit in, find place daunting etc. and end up dropping out.....like my flatmate who today has upped and left with all her stuff leaving us to pay her share of rent!

2} Everything is just so dear.... foood being the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

WTF?

What do I hate? I hate Blush_01 for her baffling comment about me.:confused:

Last time I tried to *hug* you, you claimed that it could be misconstrued as harrassment. I didn't want that happening again, 'sall.

ferdi wrote:
    i'm in arts, whats your problem? alot of people dont seem to like arts students but i think thats because its just one of those things people with no imagination, personality or opinions of their own say. examples:
    It just so happened that the people who were being really obnoxious and annoying were arts students. If they'd been people in my own class I would have given out about them too tbh. I know plenty of lovely people in arts, these ones were just of the annoying D4 breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blush_01 wrote:
    Last time I tried to *hug* you, you claimed that it could be misconstrued as harrassment. I didn't want that happening again, 'sall.

Oh yeeaaahhh.:o Your memory's better than mine. *hug*;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

I hate the people that make broad generalisations about people based on their subjects but really it's not like most of these complaints don't apply to nearly every other university

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Dya know, I thought I hated UCD, and then this thread popped up...

And I can't think of a thing.

Eh... I spose food is expensive, but this is DUBLIN, ppl, let's face it everything is this screwed up city is a rip-off.

Admin do their best, there's around 20,000 of us after all.

Plus there's the hilarious convos in the Dept. of Lung Cancer, the Pat Paterson saga, the legend that is Zane, the seemingly completely random bouts of excessive drinking... Thank god I'm here.

Don't worry, my usual bad-tempered self will probably be back 2moro.
    Your regular service shall return shortly...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

ferdi wrote:

"George Bush is Stupid"
    Eh......he is a bit stupid now.

Advertisement