Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you Hate the most about UCD?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ever met him?

do you believe the media can minipulate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

ferdi wrote:
    ever met him?

do you believe the media can minipulate?
    The man avoids reading whenever he can, has poor linguistic skills and a level of ignorance that astounds me.

People. If 5e is expensive for a full meal, enlighten me as to where you would get it cheaper? It costs me 3e to cook those meals at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Did you not just answer your own question in the same post, Kaptain???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Kap, they bulk buy... cheaper. Plus they can buy direct from suppliers... cheaper. Do you think Hugh Brady heads into Tesco with a convoy of trollies and buys the stuff for the restaurant every evening? God, can you imagine it?

It's far more expensive to cook for one than for a number of people.

I hate the lack of comfortable places to read. Big reading volume, nowhere comfortable to curl up and read. No fair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

The man avoids reading whenever he can, has poor linguistic skills and a level of ignorance that astounds me.

Well done! You've passed the Michael Moore Comprehension Test! Basing everything on - an unqualified, obnoxious drop-out who writes entire chapters of books based on urban myth's - conspiracy theories sure is fun, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Right, I dont usually get involved in the d4 abuse but yesterday just pushed me over the edge with regards their annoyingness!!

I was collecting for the Pakistan Earthquake for World Aid Soc, and no joke, no d4 girls (the guys werent as mean) would give anything. I swear it's what their stuck up look was invented for. They'd all just walk past us, pretending they didnt hear us, even when they were just 2 feet away. I have no problem with people not giving money, it was just the blatant rudeness of them in refusing. After a while we just stopped asking the girls that were caked in make-up and fake tan and wearing abercrombie.

By the by, I believe me and someone else were harassing you to give us money in the dept of lung cancer Seb. At least going by my memory of the picture you put up here before, I think it was you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well, in a moment of sleep-deprivation-induced-confusion I gave 5euro to one of you sneaky rascals. Kev (aka HappyCrackHead) just looked at me, aghast at my generosity of spirit. I shrugged, ever the philanthropist...

...Until 3 hours later, having a cigarette, I screamed out "OH MY GOD I GAVE THOSE F**KERS A FIVER!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!"

The fact that the girl in question was purrty has nothing whatsoever to do with it, I swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

5 euro that was very generous of you! We knew the smokers were all going to regret giving us money, but most didnt really have a choice because they couldnt move away from us and we werent going to leave until we got some dosh!

And I believe the girl in question was Niamh! I'll pass that on to her... hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

beanyb wrote:
    And I believe the girl in question was Niamh! I'll pass that on to her... hehe

No good deed goes unrewarded, eh?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 queen_kala

seb, you bum. no more comments on purrty girls. i will kill you. you know i will.

thats one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i hate the fact that the accomidation office has everyone's 350 squid deposit all year round because u dont get it refunded till the new ones are taken in and the amount of interest they must make on that is unreal, also the fact the price of the res has risen by a good 600 squid in the past 3 years but they have dont fcuk all to moderinise merville and belgrove, roebuck is a lost cause at this stage. also when u go down to the office to get a new kettle or sum such because the one u have is leaking they start to crib........
    *end rant*:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Andore wrote:
    I hate the people that make broad generalisations about people based on their subjects but really it's not like most of these complaints don't apply to nearly every other university

I'm with you.

My point was that its only 2e more than what it would cost me. But then I have the intangible costs of time and effort. Buying dinner in the restaraunt is cheaper than cooking it myself. While the food may be cheaper for the restaraunt to buy, they have other costs to cover that I dont, so, tbh, I really do believe its being sold very close to cost. same with the bars.

So I ask again, where can I get a cheaper meal?
    If there is somewhere cheaper, Ill go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

The worst thing about UCDD has to be the new logo! its utter ****e
    beanyb wrote:
    Right, I dont usually get involved in the d4 abuse but yesterday just pushed me over the edge with regards their annoyingness!!

I was collecting for the Pakistan Earthquake for World Aid Soc, and no joke, no d4 girls (the guys werent as mean) would give anything. ....
    well of course not your just a scobe trying to raise some money for a crowd of povo's that never had much anyway! like omg what have they got to pay for, they don't have BT or 92 in africa or where-ever your talking about. * note sarcasm

Can I say UCDSU?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Apathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

On the whole I like UCD, but on a few notes:

The admin may not be great, but how good are YOU with your paperwork, and like another poster said, there are over 20,000 students, with a very limited admin staff, and a crazier management system.

Even if I don't get a BA degree, I will get a degree in queuing, I have to queue for tea/coffee, the library, the bak machine, etc, etc.

My biggest quarrell is the price of tea nd food, students are on a limited income, and the prices are horrendous, Im not used to dublin prices (the country is so much cheaper), but on the whole I like UCD

Gerards13 wrote:
    Spam removed - Gandalf

WTF?

Seeing as you posted this on the 'What do you Hate the most about UCD?' thread I'm guessing the Mystery Tour is something to hate!:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

F*ck off qsoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I don't like what happened to the cat outside Hilpers... Seb!! We know it was you... I even offered to buy you a sandwich that day...

I also hate the lack of respect for us old folk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

New one for me:

The short loans collection. I was desperately trying to get a book for sociology today so I waited around that area for ages since 3 copies were meant to be in at that time. One of them was late, the other got taken out by the same guy and the final one was literally grabbed out of my hand by someone else. It's like a crazy lottery in there where getting the book depends on sheer fluke rather than actually putting the effort into finding when the books come in.

People who take up laptop points in the library but dont have laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

What do I hate you ask? Let me see....

Lack of computers in Eng building
    Outrageously overpriced restaurant
    Shortcut into Roebuck Castle constantly re-locked up
    D4 wannabes (You know who you are!)
    Lectures
    Closure of the sports bar
    Cancellation of Eng Day
    Lab reports

There's more but I gota get back to work on this stinking lab report!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

People who take up laptop points in the library but dont have laptops.

seconded!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

pimpy_c wrote:
    Cancellation of Eng Day

What????? You mean no more stretcher race around the city centre pubs???

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

irlrobins wrote:
    What????? You mean no more stretcher race around the city centre pubs???

Afraid so boss! Those days are all behind us now! Apparently because of all this moduralisation malarky the 1st years can't get the day off! Well that's what the lecturers are telling us!

I say the real reason is that everyone gets so twisted drunk every year that it has a bad image on engineering at UCD! Also, the guy in charge of it last year had drink prizes for all the competitions and that did not go down well with the department! Not well at all!

We're going to miss you Eng Day! I tip my hat to your brilliance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Dr. Octagon

ferdi wrote:
    i'm in arts, whats your problem? alot of people dont seem to like arts students but i think thats because its just one of those things people with no imagination, personality or opinions of their own say. examples:

"I hate Arts students"
    "George Bush is Stupid"
    "That's so Random!"
    "I support Man Utd"

Hell Yeah, finally some sense. Point number 3 is spot on!

What I dislike about UCD...

I can't understand how people are so entertained by Hoff, McGuyver, Family Guy & Chuck Norris...some of the stuff is funny but to most it is a way of life.

The word Random....it's use doesn't make you seem clever or funny, please expand your vocabulary Ladies & Gents

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i hate computer services without a doubt, as i do most of the KBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

I hate that i can not get one single book off a long reading list for my essay due friday. reason? they gave everyone in 2nd year history the same hand up date for the essay!!!

****ING IDIOTS:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lol :p

Advertisement