Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you Hate the most about UCD?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ferdi wrote:
    I hate that i can not get one single book off a long reading list for my essay due friday. reason? they gave everyone in 2nd year history the same hand up date for the essay!!!

****ING IDIOTS:mad: :mad: :mad:

We've an essay for Friday?!:eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

We've an essay for Friday?!:eek: :(

Not only do 2nd years have an essay for friday but so do 3rd years and I think 1st years might have too.

The department are refusing to accept any early essays and you can only hand it up during your allocated time. For 3rd years it 12-1 (i think)

Its all part of this new system imposed by the Registrar with relation to deadlines.

I'm in class until 1 yet they wont allow me to come early on friday to hand it in. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I have an essay to hand in next wednesday... when I'll be in Madrid.

No extension given. So if peacheh's right about the "no early essays" rule, and I can't hand it in this Friday (which was the plan) then fcuk em.

I don't need their poxy degree anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

SebtheBum wrote:
    I have an essay to hand in next wednesday... when I'll be in Madrid.

No extension given. So if peacheh's right about the "no early essays" rule, and I can't hand it in this Friday (which was the plan) then fcuk em.

I don't need their poxy degree anyway.

Right on. Stick it to the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I got books for that essay :D , though they are crappy books!!

My real problem with the history department is that the bastards gave us all the core essay for this friday and our option essay has to be in on Wednesday. They couldnt even give us a week in between?!? very annoying!

• Advertisement

beanyb wrote:
    I got books for that essay :D , though they are crappy books!!

My real problem with the history department is that the bastards gave us all the core essay for this friday and our option essay has to be in on Wednesday. They couldnt even give us a week in between?!? very annoying!

They were originally going to have them both handed in on the same day. Then they moved the elective essays to Wednesday.

It sucks...for my elective the original deadline for the first essay was the 10th of March and the second one was the 22nd of April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

beanyb wrote:
    Spot on.

Real fcuking dumbasses this term. Last term they were much better I thought.

Ah well. I don't need a degree to join the civil service anyway, it's mainly based on entrance exam...

Like I said; I don't need their poxy degree.
    It sucks...for my elective the original deadline for the first essay was the 10th of March and the second one was the 22nd of April.
    Ditto.

I went looking for books today for that essay and ferdi was right - nothing there! The computer said a few books were available but when I checked, there wasn't. They must have been raided. :rolleyes:
    The department are refusing to accept any early essays and you can only hand it up during your allocated time. For 3rd years it 12-1 (i think)

Its all part of this new system imposed by the Registrar with relation to deadlines.

Is this the case for 2nd years too? First I've heard of it.

Is this the case for 2nd years too? First I've heard of it.

It was the first we heard of it too when my friend went up to hand hers in today because she won't be here tomorrow or Friday.

We then went and asked and were told that we had to come at the set time. I'm pretty sure said that 2nd years were after us. so maybe 1-2? Probably best to go and ask.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone since the new deadlines are being imposed by the registrar on all years.

Its a ridiculous system if you ask me.

Yeah, seems very silly. I'll have to find out what the story is.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

íosa chríost!! I've an essay due for 12 tomorrow but of course because i'm such a dosser I left it till the last minute and there are no books and i've no notes and none of my classmates are around to share. AAAAGGGGH and its feckin 25% which i need... curses....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Essay 1 :Due Tomorrow Done
    Essay 2:Due Tomorrow . I'll have to be handed in late
    Essay 3:Extension :)

Advertisement