Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any David Eddings/Morrowind fans out there?

• 23-10-2005 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Me and a few friends got together and decided we wanted to make a Redemption Of Althalus mod for Morrowind. Trouble is, 'we' comprises three people and only one of us is truly skilled with the editor. Anyone want to lend a hand? We need someone who can texture and someone who can build a continent (or three, but that way they're smaller ;)) Also having read the book helps a great deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Im unaware of this David Eddings fellow or his work. But I wonder would it not be better for you to use the newer game (coming out soon) as a basis for your mod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Dude, what an idea!!

The Redemption of Althalus is a great book, I wish I could help but I suck at all the techie stuff. But please keep me informed of any progress made on this mod as I would love to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

At the moment I'm looking for an existing mod for or someone who can retexture the Iron weapons to Bronze weapons. No luck yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

Morrowind! Class! Redemption of Althalus! Please beat the memory of that book out of my brain with a shovel!

Sounds like an interesting project though, but I've never used that editor. Is it tough to learn? I'd be into the modelling end of things if yis are serious about the project.

Are you coding it with or without the graphics upgrade? Or doesthat apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

seriously If you are serious about this I would go for Oblivion, I baggsie modeler/texturer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

After re-reading the book and realizing the sheer scale of this (it would take Bethesda themselves a good while to do the full thing) we'll probably scale down to just the first part, the Thieves camp, with a village or two nearby. Oblivion looks very good, but whether my laptop will take it is another matter, and I don't want to be stuck having to go to one of the other guy's houses to get anything done.

Advertisement