Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a new tile floor to a new wood floor at door

Options
  • 23-10-2005 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all.

Just layed solid wood floating floor and tile floor in adjacent rooms. Naturally left things undone around doors until a figure out how. The tile floor with underlay is 4 mm higher at surface than tile floor. Want a brass trim at door that steps down levels. Does such a thing exist, if not what do you recommend.

Cheers,
    M

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

M
    u are right with the trim, there is a trim which the timber slides into and the tile backs onto this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi M,

There is a brass finish trim that most carpet shops like Des Kelly stock, the only disavantage is you have to use screws in the top, but it works and the angle is not important because the trim can slope both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bzpc26

Cheers lads, i bought a trim in nationwide tiles, to test what I'm doing. It doesn't work as the inserts are exactly same height as tile and wood, in otherwords no allowance for the drop. Will check out des kelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

B+Q do one with no screws but you need to lay it under the wooden floor and then there are grips that hold the finisher plate when its pushed into place it might just accomodate your drop . They are available in different finishes . I bought one to do a double door opening aprox € 40 but i havent put the floor down yet so dont know how good or bad they are

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

Brooks and Newmans do a brass riser for their Junckers floors to tiles, I think they have to be screwed to the wooden floor too. Brooks also have wooden ones which are like saddle-boards only higher on one side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement