Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 2

Options
  • 18-09-2001 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Could somebody give me the IP numbers of some good servers to play Quake2 on please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

q2 multi-player owns but i dont have any ip's!! i just use gamespy! Theres some good barrysworld servers a least there was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Q2 DM is just the best. I especially love duels :). The problem is if I use Gamespy I can only ever get British servers where I get pings of 450. (I'm living in Clare using 64k isdn). While when I play CS on Netshop server in dublin I get pings of 120. Netshop used have lots of Quake and UT servers but now they only do CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

Quake 2 Servers u say, well http:www.pingtool.com , is basically the same as gamespy except there is no fukkin ****ty registering or any of that **** its quite nice and u'll get loadss ok Q2 servers

:)>DMX<:)

I've tried pingtool b4. Can't get it to work.

The point I'm making here is I'm looking for an irish server. UK ones are never as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

there are no irish q2 servers afaik.. but some of the UK servers should give ping only a bit higher than what you would get to an irish server.. try Barrysworld.com, Jolt.co.uk and Alchemyzone.com for server lists... i dont' play q2 so i dunno what the good servers are

btw, your pings is insanely high for ISDN, so I'm assuming you use the external TA provided by Eircom. When playing in the UK use the ISP buyandsell http://www.buyandsell.ie/ i'd say... that gives good pings to UK and you don't have to pay to sign up.. just for what you use. It should give you a ping of about 130 on the TA you have.. but it gives me a ping of 55 on my 64k isdn because i have a good internal TA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Q2 died when the firewall went up around the U.L. network.

Mmmm. I've tried Barrysworld and jolt. Pings of 490 every time. I think its the firewall around UL's the prob.

In CS i can get pings of 120 on netshop or iscl. Pity the irish q2 servers are dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I used to play on rex.barrysworld.com, very nice server... not sure if it's still up though.

I tried ping tool and its not bad im just used to gamespy and q2dm1 owns i have a conversion for q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

last time i tryed there were about 5 action quake 2 servers on BW so there's bound to me a few q2 servers left cherk here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Chaos quake 2 ownz, its just such a cool mod

http://www.planetquake.com/chaotic

Choas mod ehh? That sounds pretty choatic! lol soz bout the bad joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

when q2 was at its peak (before half life and the mod brigade came) Irish servers formed were plentilful nopw all we have is scattered servers that arent c.s (i resent half lifes userping of the true game long live quake the real fps!!!!)Oh well.

Q2 dm still rools though especially on thrax's mini lan coz q3 is too slow to play properly on the other pc. Q2 is nice and smooth compared to q3 on a p1 166 overclocked to 233!

Advertisement