Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + interference

• 23-10-2005 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just got Sky+ installed and working fine. However my broadband connection is now down. Does anyone know what the problem could be and if so what is the solution? When the installer was installing it just when he was doing a call back he got an error! he turned to me and said "do u have broadband"" I sad yes and he said "uh oh" however got it working after aniother attempt. However it makes me wonder is there some issues with broadband and Sky+

Any advice would be welcome!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Did he put a filter on the sky box. I have a filter on my sky box and never had a problem (eircom broadband).

To test (in case there is a fault with the sky box.

Unplug your sky box from the phone line and see if your broadband comes back. you may have to unplug the lead from the box end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

is this connected to a wireless router???

If no not really meant for this forum now is it.

If its a wireless router - try chaning your wireless channel from 11 to 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Mac daddy wrote:
    is this connected to a wireless router???

If no not really meant for this forum now is it.

If its a wireless router - try chaning your wireless channel from 11 to 12.

Yes, I have a PC connected to the router and I have a laptop which is wireless, should have pointed that out from the start. Both connections are down, the laptop and the PC which is directely connected to the 3Com router. No there is no filter on the Sky Box. He did run another line off of the main for Sky plus , but it was working fine with the one sky phone connection before without a filter also, what difference would the 2nd one have? I will try unpluging the Sky!

Thanks for all the advice

P.S (sorry if I offended you Mac Daddy by posting what looked like at the time, a thread in the wrong forum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

no worries dude,

Change the channel on the router and add a filter to block out noise that might be come down the line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

another triumph for Macdaddy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement