Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland / UK Quake 4 servers?

Options
  • 24-10-2005 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I know it's early on but what (if any) are the servers people are playing on?

still playing the SP so not too bothered, but just interested for future weeks all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

games4.iol.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Also 82.195.149.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Is that near Blackpool? I dont want an expensive internet connection abroad.

Can I play on the Quake 4 server using Quake 3 and the Quake 3 weapons? I have gotten used to them and would like to keep them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

someone please tell me Paladin is "joking"

Why, did I say something funny? Do you not think I should keep the Quake 3 weapons for Quake 4? The BFG is great in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

You would think it was great ;). The last time I played you (a 7 or 8 man lan ffa on vanilla q3dm12) you spent the whole time camping the bfg room :cool:

What? Lies! Where are the demos? No demos? Thats because its lies!
    Noob :p

Anyway, I rarely ventured off DM3 CA.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Yes indeed mr paladin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

hey i was in games4.iol.ie there (nobody there) and was thinkin maybe we could have a game sometime, post times etc.? Anybody want a game tonite? I'de be up for a game about half 10ish.

Weeknights after 10, #qw.ie, and Ill play quakeworld :)
    I *could* play Q4, but then Id have to buy it and practice it and bleh.

Took me long enough to learn DM3 tbh :)

Though if you want a Q4 game go onto #quake.ie and talk to people there. One of those youngsters should give you a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

dont use IRC or whatever that is called... hopefully there'll be some people from here up for a game sometime.

Well if you dont use irc you make it more difficult on yourself.
    Go to http://www.mirc.com/ and download and install Mirc.

Connect to a quakenet server (they should already be in the list, or use irc.quakenet.org if you want) and use the join channel icon to join the channel #quake.ie.

Or join the server randomly and wait.....and wait....and wait....

Your call :)

Advertisement