Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone seen this before?

• 12-12-1999 4:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I rebooted the machine (or rather started it up) and it said the MHz was 464 instead of 450, then asked me to realign the clock speed.

Set it back to 450, but just seemed strange

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Never seen that be4, but I'd put it down to a power surge.
    I mean they use it all the time in StarTrek! (and tech support smile.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I was wondering what that scotsman was doing behind the machine screaming "I'm giving it all she's got capt'n".

On another note. IE5 crashes a lot, and I mean a serious amount of times. The only thing I can relate it to is a program called INTERNAT, which loads up on IE or Outlook. Something to do with international keyboard/character support. Anyone know anything about this? Also IE5 seems to be contacting a MS website first time it loads up which may be causing it, how do I disable that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmm, hate when sh!t like that happens.
    I installed TweakUI alongside IE5 and Windows went mental with Illegal Operations in Explorer.exe
    Since TweakUI had fuked with user.exe and some other crap, I had to reinstall windows.

As for IE5 going to the MS website on startup, you might want to check the internet advanced options, and disable the "Automatcly Search For IE Updates" thingy. Also see if changing your homepage will sort that out.

And that INTERNAT thing sounds utterly useless, see if deleting it will solve that crashing problem.
    Also remove all and any rubbish from windows startup, "msconfig.exe" is a great little proggie for that. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

464 would be a 4.5 clock on a 103Mhz FSB. It just jumped a bit on startup.

Internat, sounds familiar but nowhere near a 98 machine.
    Useless......:-}

Advertisement