Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add Community Hardware Hackers / Tweakers

• 18-09-2001 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Anyone thats interested in making their own wireless lans, home made aerials, tweaking existing technology etc. Turning a microwave oven into a transmitter. High speed over wireless oy our own copper.

Theres a thread on Wireless lans in the IrelandOffline forum thats really taking off and lots of diff ideas are in that one thread. The new forum can be where everyone can get together and throw up different ideas and have them in diff threads.

I feel that a seperate forum would be good. The name doesn't matter much. Perhaps dropping the word hacker. Its misused so much lately.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds like a possible forum alright... anyone else?

/me sleeps on it...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

sounds like a good idea to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Sounds good, we talk about that kind of stuff in networking class all the time! [sly thought]hmmm i could post stuff from class n make myself sound good muhawhawhawhaw[/sly thought] :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by azezil
    Sounds good, we talk about that kind of stuff in networking class all the time! [sly thought]hmmm i could post stuff from class n make myself sound good muhawhawhawhaw[/sly thought] :D

someone passed their exams last year! [cough]lucky git[/cough]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

What about the already existing Technology and Nets/Comms forums?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Sounds good....

I am all for it.....

:p

Ba$tard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i would certainly agree that this kind of forum would a welcome adition to boards.

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derekv33

Ok. Excellent Idea, if I may say so.

I will show my Support by writing Cookie with big Letters.

COOKIE!

Ok.

Derek V 3.3
    10. Do not give hamsters baths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes Definitely, I'm sick of wading through all of the other Tech boards etc looking for info/discussions on wLan. I want to find a group of ppl in my area who are interested in this and its kind of difficult with all of the other information I have to sift through....

In short, Yes please!, a board of our own :D

"How exactly do we change these blasted things anyway?"

Ivan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I also heartily endorse this product and/or service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

Uhm, yes Yellum, I agree totally wiv your excellent point. Yaay tweaking!
    Go girl.

Qualm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The Wan thread on IrelandOffline has moved up a gear. Any chance of the new forum request being granted ?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Looks like the Cork boyos are rocking, so you'd better get that forum set up fast ...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, I'll do it on the weekend. (queue cloud blowing past in a whirlwind of activity and creating it before me :) )

DeV.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I win again :D

"Hardware Tweaking" it is.

Bah humbug.

I wanted to call it Hardware Homebrew and put it under Technology.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

I agree with devore also, but anyway...

Actually I like Hardware Homebrew too, more so then what I came up with.

DM

• Advertisement
Advertisement