Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pda or Xda???

• 24-10-2005 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

I am looking for a pda or xda not sure which one to go for.
    Does anyone have a xda?
    How much are they??
    Any recommendations would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I have a Dell Axim X50. Am well pleased with it. Has WIFI and Bluetooth and IR and I use them all.

Up until now, I used Ipaq but I think my Axim is the biz.

- Good battery life
    - Easy to connect to wifi
    - Supports WPA
    - Conects without fault to my IR keyboard
    - Not as heavy as Ipaq
    - Accepts CompactFlash

I have installed Skype on it and with wifi and a bluetooth headset, I can natter away without difficulty to the US without hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I forgot the bad news - I left the Axim at home today. May as well have left my right arm there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

I bought the XDA2i off of ebay last year for about 500 yoyos. Got it unlocked so icould use my r.t.g. sim in it.

I think its the business. wifi, bluetooth, camera. And with a 1 gig SD card it has loads of space.

Theres a program u can download for reducing the resolution of avi's so u can have 4 or 5 full movies on it.

If you have a wireless network set up at home then its dead handy.

Its also got Ms office.

Would highy reccomend it.
    wavey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was looking at the XDA IIi today actually. It's very nice looking.

I'm due an upgrade from O2 so I should be able to get a discount on it and Komplett have a 2GB SD memory card for €129.

Do you know of any decent resource websites for the XDA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

jayo2004 wrote:
    I am looking for a pda or xda not sure which one to go for.
    Does anyone have a xda?
    How much are they??
    Any recommendations would be great.

The XDA Exec, aka HTC Universal, aka iMate Jasjar *should* be released by O2 Ireland before Christmas, it is already available in the UK.

I've a Jasjar and its a fab device, 3G, WiFi, VGA screen, keyboard etc.

If you are using it as a phone alot, best to get a bluetooth headset such as the Jabra BT800 as this has a LCD which will show you the callers number so you dont even have the take your XDA out of your pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

You can't get a VGA (640 X 480) XDA style unit yet (afaik).

The Jasjar is available from expansys.ie but it cost's €1000.

That's why I'm getting a Dell Axim x51v PDA.
    I'd get a Fujitsu unit but they haven't updated the 720 model to win2005 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Plankmonkey

I've ordered the Axim X51v. you can't beat it for functionality (well GPS would be good as well!). If you want just the basics and don't want to carry a phone and a PDA around then go with the XDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Vodafone are doing the VPA Compact here now for €399 on contract.

from expansys:
    Vodafone VPA Compact is the smallest Windows Pocket PC available. It includes GPRS for Internet or remote office access, and features Bluetooth, Windows Pocket PC Second Edition, 64MB RAM, an SDIO/MMC slot, a 64k colour transflective LCD and a built-in 1.3 Mega-Pixel camera.
    vpa_compact_text.jpg

Advertisement