Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro - Limerick Only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ricey wrote:
    Metro should be ready to go by Friday i have been told
    it was a problem with the mast on riverpoint and has been
    moved to woodcockhill.

Oh Brilliant.

The other side of the damn city to where I live.
    It was already on the edge of the coverage map. Now its well off.
    Screw this, Im tearing up this direct debit form. Im sticking with BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Jumpy wrote:
    Oh Brilliant.

The other side of the damn city to where I live.
    It was already on the edge of the coverage map. Now its well off.
    Screw this, Im tearing up this direct debit form. Im sticking with BT.

Maybe, you should ring metro and ask if they expect you have reception were u are??? I'm sure the reason metro put the mast there was to serve a larger area of limerick...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hughesy wrote:
    Maybe, you should ring metro and ask if they expect you have reception were u are??? I'm sure the reason metro put the mast there was to serve a larger area of limerick...:)

Yep, its a much better LOS for most of suburban Limerick, but dammit its off towards Clare, I am slap bang on the other side of town. (Annacotty way)
    Ah well, win some, lose some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Damnit....Im out by Glenside/Annacotty as well and there's little hope of getting Metro now!!!

Just as well I gave up on ever getting Metro a while ago and have my sights firmly fixed on BT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Im cool perfect LOS for me in Caherdavin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

can I get a reply from one of the digiweb guys as to whether the Castletroy area will be covered?

when i rang the other day the nice woman told me there's a 70-80% chance we won't be able to get metro which will have made the last ****ing 2 months worthless when we could have just gone with eircock.

Ricey, any more inside info as to weither the mast installation went up ok???

It should be done on wednesday, so i have been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

todd10k wrote:
    Excuse the language, but you ungrateful bastards. without metro, you either have to go landline or with IBB. ive been with metro coming up on a month now, and the speeds i get on it leave IBB in the dust. the latency is for the most part perfect (i get the odd spike, but theyre working on that, even) and their customer service is second to none. i was with IBB for 9 months and i got more customer service in 1 day than i got with the entire 9 months i was with IBB. Anyways, seriously. these guys are swamped with orders. theyre doing their best. have some patience please. and trust me when i say this.

Good things come to those who wait.
    easy for you to say when you already have it
    so shutup and mind your own business

1huge1 will you get a good LOS in Hospital?

And it seems todd10k the 28 post n00B Has nothing to say!

• Advertisement

ricey wrote:
    1huge1 will you get a good LOS in Hospital?

And it seems todd10k the 28 post n00B Has nothing to say!
    i take it you mean signal for metro when you say LOS
    anyway no hospital is about 15mins from limerick city so no metro for me but i know people in limerick city waiting for it

sure im still stuck on isdn waiting for ildana to bring wireless broadband

Bit of balls aint it, and theres me the bitching with my 3mb wanting 4...lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

well here we go again..I rang metro again this morning and once again installations are on hold in limerick..salesperson wouldn't say what the issue is..this sucks balls..2 months waiting for metro and they still can't roll it out..it can't be a technical issue as it's rolled out in other cities so it must be a location problem. This means that Digiweb didn't bother their asses checking out locations before rolling out their big pr plan on metro..they're starting to sound a lot like IBB and this is defintely starting to put me off

Airblazer wrote:
    well here we go again..I rang metro again this morning and once again installations are on hold in limerick..salesperson wouldn't say what the issue is..this sucks balls..2 months waiting for metro and they still can't roll it out..it can't be a technical issue as it's rolled out in other cities so it must be a location problem. This means that Digiweb didn't bother their asses checking out locations before rolling out their big pr plan on metro..they're starting to sound a lot like IBB and this is defintely starting to put me off

:eek: :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :(:(

ricey wrote:
    Bit of balls aint it, and theres me the bitching with my 3mb wanting 4...lol
    ya well you get used to it
    isdn aint that slow the pages load fairly fast but when it comes to downloading im getting about 8kb/s average

I have nothing!!! If i want to access the web, i have to use my phone!!!

Man 8kb/s id f00kin hate that no offence its just
    i need it to live.

And ya im getting pissed of at this stage myself if i could
    get magnet id be gone.

i'm going to give them 2 weeks.if not I'm getting the 2mb up/down from IBB..i know what they're like but one of the mates lives behind me and he has it now for about 8 months with absolutely no probs whatsoever..i have the ripwave but it's ****all good for games..

also saleswoman told me to keep ringing them every 2-3 days..reckon if we all ring up and threaten to switch to magnet or ibb they might get their ass in gear..only thing is there seems to be alot of metro issues in the other cities..

What's the story with Magnet???

Airblazer wrote:
    i'm going to give them 2 weeks.

2 more weeks and we'll be aweh for a college break.

no ****ing point getting the BB in only for us to be leaving shortly after for 3 weeks.

if we haven't heard anything in two weeks, we're going with €ircock; at least they give us a phone line.

• Advertisement

ricey wrote:
    Man 8kb/s id f00kin hate that no offence its just
    i need it to live.

And ya im getting pissed of at this stage myself if i could
    get magnet id be gone.
    ahh its not that bad,you get used to it
    i bet before you had broadband you didnt think it was that bad but i have experienced broadband many times and i know how slow mine is compared to it luckily i dont do a amazing amount of downloading and the pages come up almost instantly unless theres a lot of content on it

tell ye what..everyone from limerick looking for metro pm me...I'll ring digiweb every two days and keep hassling them with how many of us want it and that we're not going to wait forever!!

rang again Friday morning...got kinda of a date...should be within a month hopefully but nothing set in concrete

a month is bollocks tbqfh. September till December waiting is not 'available now' as ****ing advertised.

You know i just might stick with my DSL at this stage im sick of waiting.

after reading all your posts id recommend canceling the order then wait until they get things fixed the sign up again
    simple as that :D

A mate of mine rang digiweb today n was told monday for
    defo, and that the mast is on the clarion so i just think we are
    all been filled up with $hit been honest about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

how u doin,new to the boards,shopping around lately about getting broadband in,emailed digiweb yesterday and the exactly i got about the service in limerick was
    " Our service is subject to site survey, as in you would need to have line of sight to our base station which is in Woodcock hill. If you do order it will take 4 to 6 weeks for installation as we are having delays with our Limerick installations at the moment."

so,i take that as it means the new year,dont u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Site went live today - testing should be complete by Friday and then installs can start.

Chaz wrote:
    Site went live today - testing should be complete by Friday and then installs can start.

Ya ya ya we heard all that before CHAZ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Chaz wrote:

Hi Chaz,
    Can you confirm it's Clarion, and not Woodcock Hill?
    Ta.
    /MK

Advertisement