Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro - Limerick Only

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

im in dublin getting 600 down 348 up, wow i never knew 4mb/1mb was so good. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Man if mine goes like that im out like a flash.
    DSL will be upgraded in January to 4mb anyway
    i have never got over 58kB/s upload!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

Eheh:D

time for me to give €ircom a kick in the ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Just a little update:

if you live at the Haymarket - forget having metro there! A friend of mine has them right now in the house and they try to install the antenna but don't get LOS - to many buildings. The technician was suggesting to take IBB as it points to another direction... :D

IB

Well lads how has metro been? We all got it a few weeks now so lets here it.
    For me its been perfect i aint had one problem well at the start my speeds
    were a little short but that was fixed and i max out my connection any time i
    need it now. As for pings everyhting is cool always seems to be around 20 or
    30 dont know much about pings but that seems ok & i have never had one bit
    of packetloss. Thats just my rant about metro for ye and i would reccomend it
    to anyone its well worth the money :confused: well a price drop would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

waiting on the phone service to be activated still is all.

solid speeds. not used for gaming > 6 of us on the line in the house and tis grand tho.

I aint ever bothered trying to get the phone service working, digiweb
    told me a guy would be on to me bout it but no1 has so il just leve it
    off (don want it anyway)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

me 2..was onto them and they told me that it would be set up for me either that night or the following day but no joy...anyway don't need it yet as i use it mainly for gaming etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Loving it, cant say i've ever got download speed of 3mb, max is about 2.8, but nothing to cry over. No phone either but who cares!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

problem is, the phone is kinda a necessity in my case.

I'm sure the rest of the guys could disagree but it's needed to save me money.

All I need is a number from them. :)

• Advertisement

is there a problem with metro in Limerick today or is it only me getting slow speed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

just checked it out now on isptest and i'm only getting about 800kbdown and 350kb up..was playing bf2 for a few hours and lost connection twice..otherwise ping was fine and low

anybody has contact details for Limerick installation engineer? As far as I remember his name was Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The isptest is not accurate, esp if a lot of folks using it. download from heanet.ie is a better guide.

Various installers are used. Ring Digiweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

watty wrote:
    The isptest is not accurate, esp if a lot of folks using it. download from heanet.ie is a better guide.

Various installers are used. Ring Digiweb.

Agreed, clients should not contact installers directly - all work and related has to be scheduled via Digiweb.

Advertisement