Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Car "delivery" charges

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Saruman wrote:
    Wow im surprised this thread has not been locked.. there is what, 1 maybe 2 posts actually on topic.. which was in fact delivery charges for new cars...

As far as the rip off cards go.. they are expensive but as people have said, pointless. I think verbal communication is much more effective and its free!!
    The E-book should certainly not be charged for but then again... no one has to buy it or the cards so no harm done..

Maybe leave it alone or move all these off topic posts to another thread as this one seems to be dead. Come on 5 pages of off topic posts??
    Or maybe just change the thread title. I don't really see what the fuss is with threads going off topic, most of them do at 1 stage or another.
    I have not bought a new car in a few years but i got one in 01 and 02 and do not recall a deliver charge... Is this charge only if the car is delivered to your door or even if you pick up from the dealer when its in??
    AFAIK there are delivery charges related to all new cars. Some garages may waive them as some sort of incentive. The charge is for the delivery of the car to the garage, not to your home. As Ireland does not have any indigenous(sp?) car makers the garages are charged for the delivery of the car from the UK (in most cases) or whereever the car is imported from. This charge is then passed onto the consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macshaned

lynchtp wrote:
    Here is IMO a much more though out card design.
    http://www.valueireland.com/vi_card/the_value_ireland_card.htm

The Value Ireland Card has been available for free download since September 2004. It provides in a simple single card the ability to either compliment or criticise a business based on value, quality and service. To date, we've had over 25000 Value Ireland Cards downloaded.

However, as we say on our Value Ireland Card page, we believe that the Value Ireland Card should only be used as a last resort to actually complaining or commenting in person.

To this end, we present Tips On How To Complain where we believe all consumers will find ways to help them get their point across to Irish businesses.

We in Value Ireland provide all our Tips, Hints and Information free of charge to Irish consumers. We do this at our own expense, without any financial assistance from any parties.

Our attention was drawn to this thread, and others, regarding the Ripoff Card.

While we welcome anything that helps out the Irish consumer, we are wary of such an attempt to, we believe, further rip off Irish consumers.

Diarmuid
    Value Ireland

Advertisement