Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdrw prices etc... and lan kit...... duel m-bord

• 07-12-1999 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Hmm.. lan starter kit. Head to peats. They did have several decent ones last time i was in there. For a dual motherboard. I'm not sure but i'd say u will have difficulty finding one in ireland through an ordinary retail outfit. Having said that however, peats might get 1 in for you, but it would be much cheaper to get one over the internet.
    Cdrw, again peats would be good ( i don't work for them btw smile.gif, have a look at their website. But again, for buying this you would be better off using the internet to buy it.

Gav

( ps tell Joe that Gav says hi )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

most decent CDRW's for sale in ireland are around the £200 mark.

yup, as verb said, buying over the net is the cheaper option nowadays. try www.techdirect.co.uk. Very fast, and they have a low uk-ireland shipping charge which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

where can i get a cdrw about a 24r 8r 4rw
    and a lan kit a good one at that and im trying to buy both for around 300 tommower in dublin . so could ye lads please help me out hear i dont wana have to walk the entire way around dublin looking for a price . and where in ireland can i get a good m-bord that would support 2 p2 400's ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Saw a duel Socket 7 mobo in Peats today. Didn't see a price on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Me shudders to think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thx to whoever told me to get it from peats i got a cdrw there a scsi and they forgot to include the scsi card . so me at home raging i cant use my yamaha then i get the insperation to complain . well after talking to a guy called morgan for about 5 mins over 2 phone calls which he phoned me . he agreed to send me the card via post so thx whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The best (Cheapest) Dual system would be an ABIT BP6 using Celerons (Just as good as a PII at that speed).

Why not try a more powerful single system?
    Try Overclockers.co.uk. They do overclocked Athlons (750Mhz for 250 quid....But you have to buy the PSU/Heatsink (Prefitted Vek32)/MBD (Asus k7m), so the whole lot comes to about 500 Irish).
    They're perfectly stable.

Advertisement