Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

believe it bhoy, video cameras in the bog ;-(

Options
  • 24-10-2005 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

believe it bhoy, video cameras in the bog :rolleyes:

and i aint talking about fenor bog:D

I was taking a whizz today in dome bar (college pub) toilets and theres a big sign post on the wall that reads:

"These toilets are under 24 hour survailence except for the cubicles, please do not tamper with any rest room fittings or college authorities will be notified and legal action taken"

Is this a joke? To be honest i dont think its someone taken the piss as there bolted to the outside of all three toilet doors and properly framed and theres one inside the gents aswell on the wall.

Surely this is not legal? invasion of provacy and what not!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Oh and i perticularly dont feel comfortable with the idea of somebody watching me taken a leak in a urinal!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd say its a joke, properly just a scare tactic for stupid people :)
    They most likely had alot of damage done by gob****es!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bus Eireann do. My friend was messing about in the toilets in there, and the security guards came in just as we were leaving and quizzed us on what we were doing etc.

Now I never go to them toilets again. The Horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rambler

Am sure that the cameras are not pointed over the urinals, Don't think it is legal to do so, but cameras in the bogs is not unusual now, most places have them there now by this stage

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rambler wrote:
    Am sure that the cameras are not pointed over the urinals, Don't think it is legal to do so, but cameras in the bogs is not unusual now, most places have them there now by this stage

Personally in alot of places I can't blame them putting camera's in the tiolets, the amount of messing and damage that is done to some places is crazy :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

neon_glows wrote:
    I was taking a whizz today in dome bar (college pub) toilets

solution: drink in a better pub

So you guys are happy with the fact that there is a camera watching you piss, to be honest im in my second year of college now and iv never seen any damage to those toilets, whats got me paranoid though is the fact ya cant see any cameras so either there not there or there hidden,

The later would freak me out more "Hidden" for the simple reason is you dont know what they are pointing at, i think its a disgrace, should not be allowed, when you have a business like a pub you should expect some damage to occur but why take it out on everyone over one or two individuals actions.

Bloody hell like, argghhhhh, id nearly go in and wreck the toilets meself now for them making me so annoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

have you seen a camera that looks over the urinals?

The scary thing is i cudnt see any cameras, sure they could be just trying to scare people, em what did worry me was the fact there was a roff tile slipped to one side over the urinals :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

I work for a company that installs and monitors CCTV camaras, and believe me, nobody wants to sit there for 8 odd hours a day watching people piss and shlt.

On a serious note, if you cant see them in a room the size of a jacks, 99% of the time they arent there. They wouldnt stick up signs all over the place saying there's camaras there and then go to the trouble of hiding them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I work for a company that installs and monitors CCTV camaras, and believe me, nobody wants to sit there for 8 odd hours a day watching people piss and shlt.

On a serious note, if you cant see them in a room the size of a jacks, 99% of the time they arent there. They wouldnt stick up signs all over the place saying there's camaras there and then go to the trouble of hiding them.
    This man speaks the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Ah crap I'm going there Friday!

I was fairly sure it was illegal to put CCTV in bogs... Wasn't there some big court case about it there a year or two ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Meh, been in there a couple of times this week, still can't see anything besides the sign on the door, so i'm going to opt for the "scare tactic" frame of mind on this one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Le Rack wrote:
    Ah crap I'm going there Friday!

I was fairly sure it was illegal to put CCTV in bogs... Wasn't there some big court case about it there a year or two ago...
    Which brings us back to the question of is there really cameras there then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Check the hallway/corridor on the way in, they might be outside watching everyone who comes and goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Check the hallway/corridor on the way in, they might be outside watching everyone who comes and goes.
    hmm smart...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

they have those one way mirrors in there, and they also have a guy in the vents ....watchin you dump your soil. Seriosuly thou! THEY DO!

Advertisement